WORLD CRUISE 2024

6 hours ago, EagleScout66 said:

So happy Jim is doing well

i had a similar experience with AIG but not on the grand scale you went through. We needed to get a letter from Regent acknowledging the event, of course with their disclaimer they were not responsible 

we moved to Allianz and got an annual policy.  Cheaper. The coverage was better, service quicker we are on Grandeur now Great ship David Nevin is CD we are in the Med now🚢 😀

Isn't there a limit eith those policies regarding trip cancellation coverage? Definitely not enough to cover the price of a Regent cruise refund if you had to cancel at the last minute.

2 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Isn't there a limit eith those policies regarding trip cancellation coverage? Definitely not enough to cover the price of a Regent cruise refund if you had to cancel at the last minute.

I don’t know about trip cancellation.  We filed for trip interruption.  We sailed 92 of 132 day cruise.  They don’t count our bonus 16 free days (148 days). 

20 hours ago, EagleScout66 said:

we moved to Allianz and got an annual policy.  Cheaper.

What amount of coverage did you get, if you don’t mind saying. The ones I saw had pretty low cancellation limits, especially for a world cruise. 

Having lived through all of this with you three, I would have been happy to have been called as a witness to supplement your journal and receipts! So happy for the outcome but even more thrilled to see your update and be reminded of our happy meals together. Our dinner companions, Jerry and Patty, are on the Mariner now. Ross and I are doing back to back segments in April-May on the 2025 WC from Hong Kong to Seattle.Lucky us.  Much love .. Patrick☘️

16 hours ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

What amount of coverage did you get, if you don’t mind saying. The ones I saw had pretty low cancellation limits, especially for a world cruise. 

We had $150,000 per person($450,000) total. We were told it was the maximum amount available to us.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarinerLad said:

Having lived through all of this with you three, I would have been happy to have been called as a witness to supplement your journal and receipts! So happy for the outcome but even more thrilled to see your update and be reminded of our happy meals together. Our dinner companions, Jerry and Patty, are on the Mariner now. Ross and I are doing back to back segments in April-May on the 2025 WC from Hong Kong to Seattle.Lucky us.  Much love .. Patrick☘️

Oh Patrick I’m so happy you and Ross will continue the adventure!  Cathy and I will be in Hong Kong on the Explorer in February 2025(Hong Kong to Tokyo). We also signed up for 2 Grand Voyages…January 2026 on Explorer and February 2027 on Voyager. Hopefully getting my bucket list safari! Much love to you both 💕 Crisy

• Like 1