WORLD CRUISE 2024

17 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

In previous year Free Medical was included. Now it says Free Medical Consultation. I wonder if that’s just different wording or a different perk?

I noticed that too!  Read the Terms and Conditions and it clearly states that free consultation but you'll have to pay for any treatments and then claim against your insurance. The T & C's for the 2025 World Cruise states "FREE Medical Service includes onboard medically necessary treatment only."  So it does seem to be a change.  

• Like 1

Scenic Phuket and Elephant Camp 4.5 hrs.  We are tendered so we left at 0845 and got back on the ship at 1545.  It was rated moderate.  I did over 6,000 steps.  We had a long covered pier walk and then had to hike to the bus parking lot.  Same on the way back to the ship.  Elephants are an A+++. Loved them and the Camp workers were wonderful.

Feeding Time

IMG_6953.thumb.jpeg.a3f55e1acc762bf0b4868652792ba00c.jpeg

IMG_6931.thumb.jpeg.37ae14c8ccf689049208235e5ecae9ce.jpeg
Mud Bath

IMG_6963.thumb.jpeg.72097460b95e027305d4bfe183466e90.jpeg

IMG_6959.thumb.jpeg.635b625f08933e606798d37202a5c55d.jpeg

Pool Time

IMG_6981.thumb.jpeg.937231a425f78e65802b3d37c415f88b.jpeg

IMG_6950.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rcandkc said:

Do they ever sell out whole ship for world cruisers or do they only sell a certain percentage?

They try to but there was a lot of availability in segments for 2024.

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

They try to but there was a lot of availability in segments for 2024.

I’ve always been hesitant to go on a world segment…I think it would be such a different vibe. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 2:13 PM, rcandkc said:

I’ve always been hesitant to go on a world segment…I think it would be such a different vibe. 

Having done this once, we would be very hesitant to do so again. 

3 hours ago, labonnevie said:

Having done this once, we would be very hesitant to do so again. 

As we are pondering a WC we would appreciate what formed your thoughts/ hesitation.

@crusin7 

Thank you so very much for your detailed reports and amazing photos while onboard this cruise!  The food photos are making my mouth water, just looking at them.  And we have the same taste in excursions, as I took a B2B trip earlier this year with many of your stops (Auckland to Singapore), and see that you took almost all of the same excursions that I did.  I also loved your more recent photos of Malaysia and Thailand - looks like you really enjoyed the elephants!

One quick question... In one of your much earlier posts (#39 I think) you took a photo of your party dining in Compass Rose, and I saw in the background Terry Bishop!  If he is still with you, please do say hello from Beth in Chicago (I did the Panama Canal with him and Julie from Dec. 2021-Jan. 2022 that turned into a "cruise to nowhere," as we were only allowed to stop in Costa Rica due to Omicron.)  His talks were always enjoyable, and we spent New Year's Eve dinner tooting our horns to welcome the New Year in Greenland.

I look forward to your further posts and photos as you embark on the new/unexpected locations.  You truly cruise the way we all should - with optimism, patience and grace. 😊

• Like 1

Hi @ChicagoHen.  Thank you for your kind words.  Yes, Terry is onboard.  He and his wife took 2 weeks off to see family in Australia.  I believe they rejoined in Singapore.  I will relay the message when I see him.

• Like 1

Good Afternoon Sri Lanka!  We arrived at 11:30.  We are in an Industrial Port.  It is a 20 minute drive to reach the gates out of the port area.

IMG_7033.thumb.jpeg.9ca2db7040eaf15b6c1ac4a933775b35.jpeg

IMG_7032.thumb.jpeg.f6b702fcd518a7da43ba7a842cc31825.jpeg

• Like 4

Loving your report. Had to laugh at your comment about the long ride to get to the port gates. Did you take a tour. We did a city highlights it made several good stops and drove sone interesting sites. The last drive by spot was the old British Colonial Hotel, Gala Face on the water. I collect stops for the night or at least a meal at those hotels like others collect magnets. Anyway the driver let us off and we went in for lunch. Had a delightful tour and history lesson from the hotel manager and he got us a taxi to the port. and then the fun began. We were told there was shuttle bus running to the ship and back, but it wasn’t. At least to the Navigator,..there was another ship in port that had service. After waiting, watching other leave for their ship and getting a little worried, someone at the gate called someone else and a bus showed up for us. Adventures in traveling, but enjoyed the day. Hope you did too.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, PaulaJK said:

As we are pondering a WC we would appreciate what formed your thoughts/ hesitation.

2018 we took the Perth to Singapore segment. This was well into the world cruise itinerary. We are outgoing, social people and usually find several cruisers that we come to consider friends. This time it was clear we were not part of the “in crowd “ of the world cruisers, so were not worthy of investing time to get to know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tonight was the Grand Deck BBQ. It was beastly hot so we had Compass Rose almost to ourselves.  Very nice.  Today was the most popular man on the ship’s Birthday 🥳.  Happy Birthday to Patrick @MarinerLad on left.  Ross on right.

IMG_7153.thumb.jpeg.7c91b7a7494c92776631eb37b96466c0.jpeg

I was lucky to get a piece of the delicious cake!

IMG_7154.thumb.jpeg.80a9a3f8f07bc975277e26159d42db2a.jpeg

Sunset

IMG_7135.thumb.jpeg.1623ceefbc7cbd1e8c7cfb2ae12d1ac3.jpeg

Deck party setup

IMG_7140.thumb.jpeg.a65bdd57eac92fb85b14ab454b190945.jpeg

• Like 4