WORLD CRUISE 2024

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, crusin7 said:

Thank you Beth!  Great photos.  What was the best thing you saw??  Were there lots of mosquitos or worse??  I hope we see you on another cruise!  Xoxo Crisy

Hi Crisy,

We took so many photos on safari, I haven’t taken the chance to go through them all and edit them. At the moment, the best thing about our four animal drives was observing animal behaviors.  

On our first drive, watching a pride of 13 lions follow their female pack leader to a water whole. Then seeing each separately move up towards the water, with the pack leader behind. There were three elephants on the other side of the water, spied the lions.  A male elephant walking through the area observed the female elephants and wanted to cross over to meet them but then saw the lions and stood his ground.  Slowly the female pack leader started to walk away from the large male elephant and the younger lions followed her.  Seeing those lions getting into attack mode was so interesting to see.  After their plan went bust, we could see a look of defeat in them.  The lions were thin and hadn’t eaten in awhile.  

On the other side, on our last morning ride, we saw large groups of herbivores all living peacefully together in a huge field.  Warthogs, wildebeest, giraffes, elephants and impalas all together enjoying their morning meal and playtime/exercise time before they take to the shade until the late afternoon’s meal.

We have so many stories to tell.  

PS.  We had DEET in different forms so we didn’t see any mosquitoes.  I took the offered gin and tonic to keep the malaria away.  😝

Edited by NCCruzQueen
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, NCCruzQueen said:

Hi Crisy,

We took so many photos on safari, I haven’t taken the chance to go through them all and edit them. At the moment, the best thing about our four animal drives was observing animal behaviors.  

On our first drive, watching a pride of 13 lions follow their female pack leader to a water whole. Then seeing each separately move up towards the water, with the pack leader behind. There were three elephants on the other side of the water, spied the lions.  A male elephant walking through the area observed the female elephants and wanted to cross over to meet them but then saw the lions and stood his ground.  Slowly the female pack leader started to walk away from the large male elephant and the younger lions followed her.  Seeing those lions getting into attack mode was so interesting to see.  After their plan went bust, we could see a look of defeat in them.  The lions were thin and hadn’t eaten in awhile.  

On the other side, on our last morning ride, we saw large groups of herbivores all living peacefully together in a huge field.  Warthogs, wildebeest, giraffes, elephants and impalas all together enjoying their morning meal and playtime/exercise time before they take to the shade until the late afternoon’s meal.

PS.  We had DEET in different forms so we didn’t see any mosquitoes.  I took the offered gin and tonic to keep the malaria away.  😝llll]

20 hours ago, NCCruzQueen said:

We spent 2 nights in Victoria Falls followed by 2 nights at the Qorokwe Lodge on the Okavanga Delta in Botswana

I may have missed a post, so apologies up front.  Was this a Regent shore tour?  We are on the Grand Cruise next year that has been re-routed to now end in Cape Town. 

On 4/29/2024 at 1:20 PM, papaflamingo said:

I may have missed a post, so apologies up front.  Was this a Regent shore tour?  We are on the Grand Cruise next year that has been re-routed to now end in Cape Town. 

@papaflamingo we were booked on a Regent sponsored Overland Trip. It truly was a grand adventure!

You may find some post-cruise land trips offered for your cruise.  Look under the Hotel tab on your Regent Itinerary or ask your travel agent about more information for land trips.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCCruzQueen said:

@papaflamingo we were booked on a Regent sponsored Overland Trip. It truly was a grand adventure!

You may find some post-cruise land trips offered for your cruise.  Look under the Hotel tab on your Regent Itinerary or ask your travel agent about more information for land trips.

Thanks... yes I'm keeping an eye on it.  Nothing posted yet, but they just changed the itinerary. I figure the shore excursions, etc. will finally become available when at the year mark of the segment, but who knows (it's coming up in a few weeks).  But I'm definitely watching for an overland or post cruise excursion like yours. 😎

Is there a way to post the PDF of the excursions for this cruise? We're booked on the '27 World Cruise, and it's too early to finalize the excursions, of course, But I'm most interested in the overnight land trips, and how they operate, in certain particular ports that offer them.

36 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

Is there a way to post the PDF of the excursions for this cruise? We're booked on the '27 World Cruise, and it's too early to finalize the excursions, of course, But I'm most interested in the overnight land trips, and how they operate, in certain particular ports that offer them.

Never mind - I got the 2025 list from the RSSC website. 

Wow, that 2025 cruise completely skips Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. Is that still considered a "World Cruise?"

14 hours ago, GMIAC said:

Wow, that 2025 cruise completely skips Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. Is that still considered a "World Cruise?"

Definitely still a World Cruise!  It is probably an even better itinerary now that it doesn’t have to be re-worked to avoid the Suez Canal.  Itineraries have to be swapped around to help avoid repetition.

17 hours ago, GMIAC said:

Yes, but I love the intensity into South America, Japan, and some other areas that are not the “usual”. We are booked on 2026 WC. For us, as much as we would prefer Splendor, ‘26 is a better itinerary than ‘27.

6 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Yes, but I love the intensity into South America, Japan, and some other areas that are not the “usual”. We are booked on 2026 WC. For us, as much as we would prefer Splendor, ‘26 is a better itinerary than ‘27.

Us too.  We’d love to spend six months on Splendor, but the different start and end points for 2027 are a total no go for DH.  We had hoped to swap, but we are sticking with 2026 as the itinerary is perfect.  (Yeah, I know there can be port changes, but the general route meets 100% of DH’s preferences.  I care much less, but the WC is his bucket list thing, not mine, so he’s calling the shots on this one.)

On 4/29/2024 at 12:45 AM, NCCruzQueen said:

PS.  We had DEET in different forms so we didn’t see any mosquitoes.  I took the offered gin and tonic to keep the malaria away.  😝

Beth, it appears that you and your travelling companion had a fabulous World Cruise as well as the post cruise excursion.  Love the photos, and your posts!  I hope to be in touch with you once you are back home  (By the way, if gin and tonic, or gin without tonic, would keep mosquitoes away, I'd be good for life.  Unfortunately, they, the mosquitoes, didn't appear to get the same message.  🤣 )

cruisin7, your posts and photos of the World Cruise were much appreciated.  Although things did not work out the way you had initially hoped, it appears that all is well now.  Hopefully, you will be posting "live" again soon from wherever you cruise. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bookbabe said:

Us too.  We’d love to spend six months on Splendor, but the different start and end points for 2027 are a total no go for DH.  We had hoped to swap, but we are sticking with 2026 as the itinerary is perfect.  (Yeah, I know there can be port changes, but the general route meets 100% of DH’s preferences.  I care much less, but the WC is his bucket list thing, not mine, so he’s calling the shots on this one.)

Same here. We were going to switch to the ‘27 Splendor, our favorite ship, but the itinerary just could not compare to ‘26 for what we wanted. We will probably become well acquainted as we cruise the world together!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, jeb_bud said:

If you read through this thread you will see some examples of shoreside experiences for world cruisers. 

Almost 600 posts? No hints? Thanks.

OK, I'll slog through the thread.

Edited by GMIAC

1 hour ago, GMIAC said:

Looking at the 2027 World Cruise itinerary, I see that there are several ports that have "included shoreside experiences." What are these?

It’s on the Regent website. Experiences in Panama City, Colombo, and Malaga. Description is provided.

8 minutes ago, BBWC said:

Thanks. I can see three of them, but that gives me an idea of what these are.

I wish Regent would post the correct deck plan for Splendor. It's inaccurate.