First Time NCL on Viva

Hello! Hoping you all can help answer a few questions.

I have the free at sea beverage, internet and 2 specialty dining; I’ve already added the remaining days for specialty dining but is it worth it to do the premium plus drink package?

My main concern is bottled water, and what is considered “top shelf”? 

Our cruise also went down in price from where it was and they repriced us before the final time.  It’s gone down a little since then, and it looks like a club balcony suite is available for around the same price we are currently paying, can I switch to that type of room or is it too late? Our cruise is in March. 

thanks! 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jennifire7 said:

I have the free at sea beverage, internet and 2 specialty dining; I’ve already added the remaining days for specialty dining but is it worth it to do the premium plus drink package?

Our cruise also went down in price from where it was and they repriced us before the final time.  It’s gone down a little since then, and it looks like a club balcony suite is available for around the same price we are currently paying, can I switch to that type of room or is it too late? Our cruise is in March. 

thanks! 

I believe they will allow it as long as the price is higher than your current.

I don't know if premium beverages will suit you or not, but bottled water?

Chances are that the ship's water supply is more pure than the bottled stuff.

Edited by cruiser2015

• 2 weeks later...

Bottled water is available on board and it is the "Flow"  brand that has no plastic.

Go to www.flowhydration.com  for more information.  You can buy a case and that will last all cruise.

There is fancy bottled water in the mini 'frig  but I thought it was really expensive and came in glass bottles.  The water from the faucets is just fine.

Book your  specialty dining as soon as you are able as they fill up quickly.  Hasuki 2 thumbs up.

Cagney's was meh.

On 1/6/2024 at 10:39 PM, Jennifire7 said:

thanks! 

Most name brand liquors are covered in the FAS package.  Its really higher end whiskeys/scotches and wines that make the premium worth it.  See the liquor list in the link for what is in each package.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/790164-BEV_Package_Flyer_UOBP_PPBP Update_V7_no_crops.pdf

Personally, I upgraded for the first time on the Prima and I don't think I can go back to the regular package.  It was great to be able to order good bottles of wine at dinner and not have to worry about paying for Starbucks and water.  The regular coffee is not great so we ordered Starbucks a couple of times a day.  We also took a couple of bottles of water back to the room each night.  I am also a whiskey drinker and enjoyed the higher priced whiskeys and scotches.