Live Review-MSC Yacht Club on World Europa 12-19th January 2024 -Mediterranean

ConnieTact

Hello ConnieTact,

thank you for your very detailed report, we step up in YC tomorrow in Genoa. We're very excited, because of your journey and because the ship is new to us.

Maybe we'll meet each other on another journey, world tends to get tiny - especialy for cruise-addicts like us. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mezqal said:

Hello ConnieTact,

thank you for your very detailed report, we step up in YC tomorrow in Genoa. We're very excited, because of your journey and because the ship is new to us.

Maybe we'll meet each other on another journey, world tends to get tiny - especialy for cruise-addicts like us. 😉

That would be great @Mezqal I love meeting people through doing my live reports. If you have half the enjoyment that I did you will have a blast! Prepare to get treated well! Have you sailed YC before? 

This is our 12th YC-Cruise. We were only one time outside YC and it was a mess - to many folks from southern europe with all the "fun" that comes along with that ppl. Outside YC you have no opinion to get a break from the loud madness that every time starts when thousands and thousands of raised temperamentful mediterranean ppl come along. Don't get ne wrong, i like italy, bit i need a space that is more quiet and slow. YC is the only way to travel with MSC comfortable.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mezqal said:

This is our 12th YC-Cruise. We were only one time outside YC and it was a mess - to many folks from southern europe with all the "fun" that comes along with that ppl. Outside YC you have no opinion to get a break from the loud madness that every time starts when thousands and thousands of raised temperamentful mediterranean ppl come along. Don't get ne wrong, i like italy, bit i need a space that is more quiet and slow. YC is the only way to travel with MSC comfortable.

I definitely agree on a Med cruise but it can be okay, with a drinks package, in a balcony cabin that is comfortable to retire to when things get too much.

My suggestion to anyone who really wants a quiet comfortable place to sit and read a book would be the Polo Raj Tearoom. The teas can be included with some packages and the seats are comfortable and at times it’s almost empty! It is usually British in there as we do like our tea! 
The venue has an ambience comparable with serenity of YC but I would not stay in there if Olga was playing piano-as she misses lots of notes and is hard to listen to! 😅

If you do go in there please tell Shennoy that Connie Tact says hello and that you read about him online! He was so pleased I had included him in my report. 

Another solid live, thanks.

Welcome back to the UK weather.

Our last Virtuosa in cattle we found getting out early evening most venues were quiet and pleasant, after late dinner you had to deal with most places busy in party mode.

Prefer YC but can't always find the deal.

13 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Another solid live, thanks.

Welcome back to the UK weather.

Our last Virtuosa in cattle we found getting out early evening most venues were quiet and pleasant, after late dinner you had to deal with most places busy in party mode.

Prefer YC but can't always find the deal.

Thanks for your kind words. Yes, the deals are getting scarce now! 😅

Some people used the pool. It was much warmer when we went south to Valetta, around 16°.
The last day, in Barcelona, it rained so we had some days that were ok for swimming in YC pool. There is another pool that anyone can access and that was undercover and busy at times. There was also a shallower children’s pool.

You never know in the Med in January but often there are some good days.