Live Review-MSC Yacht Club on World Europa 12-19th January 2024 -Mediterranean

ConnieTact

Yes, Vatican by train is no problem, but the musei vaticani are very crowded. You have to buy a ticket for a specific time slot two months or so in advance.

YC in low saison:
At the moment there is low saison for med cruises, so the YC is not full and a lot of cabins are not at capacity. In high saison (European school holidays) the YC is really crowded and all cabins at full capacity of 3 oder 4 persons.
Then the restaurant, the TSL and the Pool Grill on the WE are really to small. We waited more than 1.5 hours to get a place in the restaurant and also at the Pool Grill.

Normally the sommelier want to sell you some of the better wines that aren't included in the YC package. The included vines are sosolala, we don't like a lot of them.

Went to have my hair washed and blow dry earlier. All went well. Really friendly hairdresser and I was delighted as there was no heavy sales pitch. What a difference it made! I really enjoyed the experience and this has restored my faith in MSC salons.

I did still wait 5 minutes before my appointment began, so I am guessing that’s how relaxed the spa is!

Just saw the Diva show with the hugely talented Bethzienna. Her voice is powerful so she easily handled the big songs by singers such as Tina Turner, Nina Simone and Any Winehouse. 
why do people go to a concert and then proceed to chat all the way through it only to clap the loudest between shows?! I just don’t get it! Stay in the bar!

IMG_5858.thumb.jpeg.762f97bc818da940bb5c927e5619b275.jpeg

There was a sweet little audience member in front of us who loved the singing and clapped along. 

IMG_5865.thumb.jpeg.4b5c2bd9022a5e7aa6fb9f456e22377a.jpegIMG_5869.thumb.jpeg.c2ab62405408ad374f609b5bf3c35781.jpeg
Bethzienna explained she had been in the IK TV show, ‘The Voice’ and footage was played as she sang one of the songs from that show. 
Ollie Murs looks suitably taken by her’ 😂

IMG_5862.thumb.jpeg.fe586cca86bf8f65db4d5c3576acd6ec.jpeg

• Like 3

Next we saw what was going on in the World Galeria- it was a seventies dance display. I think people were meant to join in but I suspect the age demographic on this ship doesn’t suit my favourite decade! This seems a much younger ship. How are they meant to know how to do the YMCA dance? 😅😂🕺🏻🪩
IMG_5873.thumb.jpeg.6abd4dd2ed94d88c568fae3ae3d535e8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We’re now in Masters of the Sea again - our ‘go to’ place outside YC! 
We’re at the back on lower comfortable chairs. A bit far away from the singing but it vastly improved when a large group of loud older men vacated their seats and left! 
IMG_5876.thumb.jpeg.1bdecc39d9f0f0e9f10752b4292e1a66.jpeg

• Like 3

Tonight’s dinner was delicious thanks to chef making ok my dishes without salt. I just added black pepper to my soup and enjoyed its natural flavours of asparagus. It was paired with a Chardonnay in a large tasting glass. I had the same wine for my main which was black cod with carrots.IMG_5880.thumb.jpeg.234b5386153169a0ea297164dceb4893.jpegIMG_5879.thumb.jpeg.9af8944fd837f325237bf14759291137.jpegIMG_5883.thumb.jpeg.1728060b3714e078d7696504b2ffd3ed.jpegIMG_5881.thumb.jpeg.639ffb86cc685504340df81450a49dbe.jpegIMG_5882.thumb.jpeg.246f3c8fee1a3d8c3f207fe15b3fbd2d.jpegMr CT had a Sauvignon with his champagne risotto. 
IMG_5884.thumb.jpeg.f8e3e23dd7018de9c6d46b16c26300bd.jpeg
Lastly we enjoyed crepe Suzettes with a Gran Marnier. Actually, it was too much for me as the crepe already had some in there! IMG_5887.thumb.jpeg.8d0d4ad3c4d32d188d51354bb16ff87f.jpeg

IMG_5878.jpeg

• Like 3

We are enjoying entertainment by Giulia.

She just sang Purple Rain- one of my favourite Prince songs. Only three other groups of orally here - so not busy. 
IMG_5888.thumb.jpeg.d402a84044dd9521696e443ffa1ac414.jpeg
The restaurant manager explained to me in detail that YC is full this week. He said every room is occupied. That is different from all the settees being used. Mostly couples this week but last week it was more groups of four or more. 
it has always felt comfortable and quiet and we have had no problem getting a table exactly when we decide to walk in and get one. 
I can imagine any shop gets busy during school holidays and this reflects on the experience of the cruise but I am certainly not put off. 
if we choose to fave the hubub of steerage, we have that choice but if booking an ordinary cabin you do not have the escape into serenity of YC. 

• Like 2

Giulia just made my evening by singing two hits by my favourite Paolo Nutini. Mr CT requested a sing by him - he said ‘my wife loves him ‘ and she replied, ’So do I!’ 
I thought she had good taste! 😀

IMG_5892.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last night, we received our tickets for our excursion today. I think they leave it until the last minute, just in case if last minute changes of time or cancellation. Expected timing information is available on the MSC app under ‘Your Personal Itinerary’.

we meet in Top Sail Lounge ten minutes before at 9.50am.

IMG_5894.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've always been curious about them adding kiwi fruit to the fruit bowl.  We love to eat it but without a knife it's impossible to open without making a mess of everything.  We also prefer to peel our apples so we are going to ask our butler if we can having a sharp knife to go with the fruit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We've always been curious about them adding kiwi fruit to the fruit bowl.  We love to eat it but without a knife it's impossible to open without making a mess of everything.  We also prefer to peel our apples so we are going to ask our butler if we can having a sharp knife to go with the fruit.

The larger suites have cutlery. I’m sure your request will be met. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Free time in the centre.

Would you believe a busker was singing Paolo Nutini when we left the Opera house! Paolo’s song filled the air and made me feel quite at home- so I gave him some change and thanked him warmly.IMG_4230.thumb.jpeg.cc5af4911e8a99ce73f3f53feb6ac10d.jpeg

IMG_5948.jpeg

IMG_5955.jpeg

IMG_5956.jpeg

IMG_5954.jpeg

• Like 5

We would recommend this excursion as we saw many places we have not seen ourselves when visiting the port on other occasions and ‘doing our own thing’. The commentary was informative and interesting too, although it was sometimes hard to hear the guide if you weren’t immediately near him as there was no microphones or headsets. It could be easy to be left behind. One man lost his wife but a helpful MSC woman found her. 
It was too late to go to YC restaurant on our return and we only just made ‘last orders’ for hot food in the YC grill and bar. For the second time, I requested roast potatoes but was served chips. I think the staff struggle to keep up in the area and it wasn’t the best meal I have had onboard.

IMG_6154.jpeg

IMG_6157.jpeg

IMG_6159.jpeg

IMG_6158.jpeg

IMG_6148.jpeg

IMG_6152.jpeg

IMG_6151.jpeg

IMG_6156.jpeg

• Like 3