Hand washing

kaybee55

Just back from 2 night on Seashore from Port Canaveral. Nice ship but I couldn't believe that there was very little hand washing before entering buffet and no encouragement from staff either. Is this the same now on all cruise lines. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 11:50 AM, kaybee55 said:

Is this the same now on all cruise lines. 

Definitely NOT! We were on NCL in November and they never stopped telling people to wash their hands, especially in the Garden Café. Very much encouraged.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 11:50 AM, kaybee55 said:

Just back from 2 night on Seashore from Port Canaveral. Nice ship but I couldn't believe that there was very little hand washing before entering buffet and no encouragement from staff either. Is this the same now on all cruise lines. 

Unfortunately it is true on all ships we have sailed. During covid people refused to wash their hands , even when directed to the washing stations. Heard replies, we just washed our hands in our cabin, not acknowledging touching elevator keys and door handles from cabin (stewards go from cleaning one cabin to the next touching door handles along the way). Got off Explora I and witnessed few washed their hands before entering the Conservatory Market Place buffet. Host witnessed us washing our hands and said most guests fail to wash hands before entering all dining venues. Only when there is an outbreak on the ship do staff demand hand washing of all guests, going so far as to deny entry into restaurant venues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Definitely NOT! We were on NCL in November and they never stopped telling people to wash their hands, especially in the Garden Café. Very much encouraged.

Yes, they sing Washy Washy songs with a tambourine on NCL

• Haha 2

On Celebrity Reflection over Christmas there was always a greeter with a bottle of hand sanitizer at the buffet entrance, and while they always said hello to people entering the buffet they only offered the hand sanitizer when they were asked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Yes, they sing Washy Washy songs with a tambourine on NCL

Indeed! I almost looked forward to that every morning. ("Almost" because I hadn't had my 1st cup of coffee yet, LOL!)

47 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

Royal ships still have plenty of hand sanitizer randomly throughout the ship (at elevator banks and entrances to restaurants and main dining) and hand washing stations going into the buffet.

That is great. Now sit by and watch how many do not use any of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, morpheusofthesea said:

That is great. Now sit by and watch how many do not use any of it.

So true!  I was surprised really.  I guess I have/had more faith in my fellow humans, ha ha.  We did not make much use of the buffets, for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MandyMooToo said:

Royal ships still have plenty of hand sanitizer randomly throughout the ship (at elevator banks and entrances to restaurants and main dining) and hand washing stations going into the buffet.

Seashore has them as of recently. As many have pointed out, guests rarely use them.

• Like 1