Allure Concierge - email reply?

The last time we were on the Allure we were in a Star Class suite, and had some back/forth communications with the concierge prior to the cruise (way back when they had first rolled out the Royal Genie deal).

This time (next weekend) we're in a GS cabin. Twice, over the last couple of weeks, I used the same two (01, 02) email addresses which I had from before, but have received no response (nor notification of email delivery "failure"). My only request was for a fan in the room, and I'd just like to get that set up ahead of time.

Anyone have recent success communicating with the concierge?

THANKS

Posted (edited)

Did you reply to the email the concierge sent or sent the initial email yourself?

Some concierges won't respond to emails about future cruises. Only the current and next cruise.

Edited by smokeybandit

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Did you reply to the email the concierge sent or sent the initial email yourself?

Some concierges won't respond to emails about future cruises. Only the current and next cruise.

I haven't received any emails from them regarding this cruise. Should I be expecting one (shortly)?

Tom

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Typically between 4-7 days prior to the cruise, yes.

Now that Allure is doing the 3/4 split it is even closer now. We sailed Friday Dec 8 and was contacted that Monday. I would assume a Monday sailing would not hear from them until the Thursday or Friday before.

I think people need to realize that the suite concierges on Allure and soon Utopia now have double the amount of passengers to deal with on a weekly basis and can not respond to every unsolicited email.

Edited by bigmoose7563

29 minutes ago, bigmoose7563 said:

Now that Allure is doing the 3/4 split it is even closer now. We sailed Friday Dec 8 and was contacted that Monday. I would assume a Monday sailing would not hear from them until the Thursday or Friday before.

I think people need to realize that the suite concierges on Allure and soon Utopia now have double the amount of passengers to deal with on a weekly basis and can not respond to every unsolicited email.

It's fortunate that they have two concierges !

Yep, their workload has increased... just like the prices 😉

Tom

41 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

... just like the prices 😉

Not sure what this has to do with their workload or is it just the need to complain about pricing every chance possible?

Sorry if you had to lower yourself to paltry sky class due to pricing

1 hour ago, bigmoose7563 said:

Not sure what this has to do with their workload or is it just the need to complain about pricing every chance possible?

Sorry if you had to lower yourself to paltry sky class due to pricing

Lighten up Francis

31 minutes ago, bigmoose7563 said:

Hey, Tommy, if I was gonna break your balls, I'd tell you to go home and get your shine box.

"Tommy" ?

Am I missing something here - why the edge ?