Reservations for My Time Dining

So, about 45 days out from cruise. Been keeping an eye out trying to schedule a time for dinner. However, it only has 3 times available and they're all after 8.

Question: Do more times become available closer to the cruise date? 

Most likely the earlier times are already booked. MTD starts at 6:45 and then is available in 15 minute increments. I have already booked the 6:45 slot for our August cruise, so I would expect that by now all the prime slots are gone for your cruise. 
Don’t despair though. We were recently

on Odyssey and the earliest we were able to get was 7:15. We just showed up every evening at 6:45, went to the line for people with reservations and were seated. Worked perfectly. Of course if everyone does this it won’t. So let’s keep it our secret. 🤫 

58 minutes ago, rncruiser said:

... the earliest we were able to get was 7:15. We just showed up every evening at 6:45, went to the line for people with reservations and were seated. Worked perfectly. Of course if everyone does this it won’t. So let’s keep it our secret. 🤫 

Good advice. I will follow it. 7:15 is the earliest I could get too.

Since they backfill early traditional, some people have even walked up at 6-6:15 and been seated. You also don’t need reservations. My daughter and granddaughter had no issue being seated early with no reservations. I think that’s easier for 2, rather than a large party.

50 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Since they backfill early traditional, some people have even walked up at 6-6:15 and been seated. You also don’t need reservations. My daughter and granddaughter had no issue being seated early with no reservations. I think that’s easier for 2, rather than a large party.

This has been our experience on most of the ships.  I think they realized soon after implementing this new modified MTD that they were missing a lot of opportunities to seat people so they began allowing early MTD folks to sneak (just kidding) in.  Some of the ships are still holding fast to the 6:45 start to MTD but it seems so silly to me to do that.  I know...their ship, their rules....but it's so easy to just fill in those vacant fixed dining tables with random MTD folks.  We have been very fortunate.  We have never had to wait for a MTD table regardless of when we arrive.

• Like 2

Question on this .. my two sisters and I are cruising together, reservations are not linked. We each choose MTD at 6:45. Should we stop in at the MDR on the first day to request a table together, or do this at our dinner that evening? When I cruise with my husband, we always do traditional early dinner, so this is my first experience with MTD. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, LindaD22 said:

Question on this .. my two sisters and I are cruising together, reservations are not linked. We each choose MTD at 6:45. Should we stop in at the MDR on the first day to request a table together, or do this at our dinner that evening? When I cruise with my husband, we always do traditional early dinner, so this is my first experience with MTD. 

You don’t need to be linked for MTD. Just go together. They will just take each of your cabin numbers.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1