Reason for Club Orange

GeorgeL

4 hours ago, albingirl said:

I book the cabin I want, so I don't use the upgrade, but for others, that's advantageous.

I can't understand why you wouldn't book the room you want using the upgrade.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Same, although I use a TA instead of HAL direct for the extra perks. TA calls HAL while I am on the line to check for availability, then books the cabin I want with club orange for the lower meta category price. Pay BC price + club orange cost for AS cabin.

Please don't tell everyone.

54 minutes ago, albingirl said:

Because I have booked first. Added CO later. I know, dumb move.

What I did was book the room I wanted (to secure it), then I called customer service, and ask if club orange is available. 

It was available, so I got them to downgrade the room to cheapest guaranteed, I paid for club orange, and then selected the room I originally selected. All in the same phone call. 

if they say you need to go through inventory, hang up and call again, and hopefully talk to someone who knows what they are doing. 

the “chances” the room is selected in the 5 minutes that takes is slim, but I had had alternatives ready just in case. 

when I did this, the down grade difference, plus the club orange was lower than the initial room selection. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, albingirl said:

No, not dumb.  Knowledge of this is just emerging.  You can take advantage of this next time.  It was only blind luck that got me my first OC upgrade that was worth around 1,000.

3 hours ago, albingirl said:

If you have a refundable deposit (and you won't lose too many booking promo perks - do the math), cancel are re-book.

6 hours ago, iceman12345 said:

What I did was book the room I wanted (to secure it), then I called customer service, and ask if club orange is available. 

It was available, so I got them to downgrade the room to cheapest guaranteed, I paid for club orange, and then selected the room I originally selected. All in the same phone call. 

if they say you need to go through inventory, hang up and call again, and hopefully talk to someone who knows what they are doing. 

the “chances” the room is selected in the 5 minutes that takes is slim, but I had had alternatives ready just in case. 

when I did this, the down grade difference, plus the club orange was lower than the initial room selection. 

If you book your cruise with a PCC or HAL rep this becomes a one-step process for you.  Call your PCC and select your stateroom, add club orange, and you are billed for the lowest priced stateroom within that meta category.  Both the PCC and TA have to call to confirm that CO is available.