Reason for Club Orange

GeorgeL

We noticed that Club Orange seems very popular but what was your reason for booking Orange? It seems to offer not much beyond a separate and smaller venue than MDR.

I am curious what the reasons were for people who have booked Orange on past or future cruises.

• Like 3

If you read the many threads here, a common motivation is a very significant savings if you book low in a category, and upgrade to the top level of that category. For example, you book a VH, and upgrade to a V or VA.

• Like 1

My motivation is the cabin upgrade, priority boarding, priority tendering and on ships with a separate dining room - the separate dining room. I am not as attached to Club Orange totes as others!. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GeorgeL said:

We noticed that Club Orange seems very popular but what was your reason for booking Orange? It seems to offer not much beyond a separate and smaller venue than MDR.

I am curious what the reasons were for people who have booked Orange on past or future cruises.

I booked the cheapest solo Oceanview and by buying Club Orange (for the small dining room) I  was pleasantly surprised to find that I could upgrade to a much better and larger Oceanview that would have cost about $1,000 than I paid if I had booked it originally.

If I am on a Pinnacle Class ship (Koningsdam, N Statendam, Rotterdam) I will book it for the club Orange dining room, happily.  I also like the special guest services line up.  Makes life simple and quick.

Did use the upgrade on the K but after being on it and with my cabin already chosen on the Rotterdam, I knew I had to have that dining room.  the Pinnacle Class ships MDR is VERY loud.  

I haven’t used it for the other class of ships.

• Like 4

We like it for the reasons others have mentioned, all of which are pretty significant once you're onboard. The upgrade, the priority boarding and tendering, etc. But we agree with what @kazusaid: the separate dining room in the Pinnacle class ships is something you will always want once you experience it.

And even in the other ships, you get a priority line into the MDR.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

How much does Club Orange cost and how do you add, if already booked?

Club Orange Terms & Conditions: Club Orange pricing starts from US$25 per person, per day on cruises 13 days or less or US$15 per person, per day on cruises longer than 13 days.

You or your TA has to contact HAL to add it to a booking.

8 minutes ago, Bill B said:

Club Orange Terms & Conditions: Club Orange pricing starts from US$25 per person, per day on cruises 13 days or less or US$15 per person, per day on cruises longer than 13 days.

Thank you!  We are on a 14 day TA crossing, so it seems to be worth the money.  I will reach out to HAL.  

1 hour ago, Bill B said:

And if you are a solo, you don't pay double.On a 14 day cruise it's $15 per day. Period. I Booked an obstructed verandah guarantee on a Pinnacle class ship and then selected an aft facing verandah. Plus got to eat in club orange dining room. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Thank you!  We are on a 14 day TA crossing, so it seems to be worth the money.  I will reach out to HAL.  

The other interesting point for you is that 14 days of CO is cheaper than 13 days, because of the price change at 14. I'm well aware, as I paid for a 13 day cruise coming up!

4 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

The other interesting point for you is that 14 days of CO is cheaper than 13 days, because of the price change at 14. I'm well aware, as I paid for a 13 day cruise coming up!

I hate it when this happens.

13 minutes ago, Latkebabka said:

I have bags from other cruise lines. I will take one of those so don’t need this one.

It's not really a matter of need.

Covet ✔️

Desire ✔️

Wish for ✔️

Need

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

You should have booked a cruise crossing the international dateline from west to east and argued your 13 days is actually 14 because one of them is 48 hours long.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisinsince75 said:

14 days is the sweet spot.  For a 14 day cruise it is $270 while for a 13 day cruise it is $325.  Weird pricing inefficiency.  I have to believe there was an MBA involved in creating this structure.😉😘

• Like 1

Definitely the smaller dining room for me - it’s more user-friendly for a person with a disability. Lower ceiling, plenty of space at a table by a wall for my service dog, less walking to navigate her to our table.

The Pinnacle MDRs are dramatic visually and I like looking at them, but I prefer a more intimate feel. The Club Orange DR, especially on Rotterdam, delivers on that.

• Like 2

Like others, it's all about the dining.  The main dining room is annoying for me.....noise and hustle bustle.  I book the cabin I want, so I don't use the upgrade, but for others, that's advantageous. But a serene dining experience is heaven for me.

3 hours ago, albingirl said:

Like others, it's all about the dining.  The main dining room is annoying for me.....noise and hustle bustle.  I book the cabin I want, so I don't use the upgrade, but for others, that's advantageous. But a serene dining experience is heaven for me.

My booking plan allows me to get the upgrade benefit from club orange AND end up booked in the cabin I want.

46 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

My booking plan allows me to get the upgrade benefit from club orange AND end up booked in the cabin I want.

Same, although I use a TA instead of HAL direct for the extra perks. TA calls HAL while I am on the line to check for availability, then books the cabin I want with club orange for the lower meta category price. Pay BC price + club orange cost for AS cabin.