Platinum check-in?

jessed

Is it worth it to stay up until midnight to check in 16 days before sailing or would I still get a decent check in time if I waited until morning - 6-7:00?

Thanks.

I don't even stay up to midnight for new year's anymore, I check in in the morning when I get up and I am usually able to have my choice of check-in slots. The absolute earliest slot may be gone, but usually it isn't. Like @Essiesmom said, if you're going on a Journeys cruise you should try to do midnight if getting the first slot or two is important.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Depends on the cruise.  If it’s a Journeys cruise, with a lot of Plats and Dia on board, definitely.  EM

On our most recent journeys cruise I totally forgot about checking in at midnight, and in fact didn't get around to it until 12 days prior.  I wound up with a later check-in time and to be honest I'm glad it worked out that way.  When we got to the port the huge early rush had died down and we were able to walk right onto the ship with no wait.

And as far as checking in for non-journeys cruises, the times I've waited until mid-morning to check in I still got the first time slot.

Platinum is "supposed" to have some advantaged at check in. I have never had an issue at getting a early check in. I wouldn't stay up to mid night for that. We did a Celebrity cruise in July of last year and forgot to do the check in. It was two days later and still got a good time. Other family members waited until the last minute like a few days before the cruise and got of course late check ins. We are not VIPs on Celebrity. That was our second cruise with them.

One of the family members boarded with us and they had a later check in like 2pm. We traveled in the same car. They still was able to board with us, because it was so early it was very light crowd. 

With Carnival we are VIP's. I still will do our check-in on the day, probably early morning. Not at mid night unless we happen to be up. We do stay up late at times...

8 hours ago, Kudos2Fly said:

Platinum is "supposed" to have some advantaged at check in. I have never had an issue at getting a early check in.

The advantage is that you can check in online and select your arrival time from the available slots 2 days before non-priority passengers, not that the earliest times will be available when you do so or (like pre-COVID) that you can show up before your assigned arrival time and (necessarily) be allowed to check in at that time.

• Like 1