Norwegian Epic cabin 9214 layout etc?

Hello!

Will be sailing on the Epic in November and have cabin 9214 booked.  So with that said I am curious about the layout, is the bed at the front of the room or by the balcony? Additionally how is the view from the balcony,  unobstructed, no lifeboat below?

So to those whom have stayed in this cabin, pictures would be greatly appreciated!! TIA

17 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Have you checked cruisedeckplans.com for pics?

Yes and it shows "simular" rooms and no matter the number it's the same photos if any at all.

Edited by RaiderFaninNM

Using deckplans on other sites, it appeared that this port side balcony cabin (unobstructed view - no lifeboats in front/adjacent) sleeps 3 with the bed nearest to the balcony.  The convertible sofa pulled out fully for a 3rd guest, next to the in-room (small) sink/vanity - this is ideal and preferred over one with the bed near the sink & close to the 2 toilet/shower "closets". 

FYI, be sure to fully pull out (ask room steward for help if necessary) - if not extended - the mattress/foundation or base to sleep, especially if over 5' 8" to 5' 10" or else, feets will be hanging over the end of the mattress ... but, it does reduce the "space" to/from the balcony.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Using deckplans on other sites, it appeared that this port side balcony cabin (unobstructed view - no lifeboats in front/adjacent) sleeps 3 with the bed nearest to the balcony.  The convertible sofa pulled out fully for a 3rd guest, next to the in-room (small) sink/vanity - this is ideal and preferred over one with the bed near the sink & close to the 2 toilet/shower "closets". 

FYI, be sure to fully pull out (ask room steward for help if necessary) - if not extended - the mattress/foundation or base to sleep, especially if over 5' 8" to 5' 10" or else, feets will be hanging over the end of the mattress ... but, it does reduce the "space" to/from the balcony.  

Thank you for the 411!

Just wished there was some pictures of the actual cabin...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaiderFaninNM said:

Thank you for the 411!

Just wished there was some pictures of the actual cabin...

Try google cabin number YouTube, might not get exact but same category.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RaiderFaninNM said:

... wished there was videos of the actual cabin...

There you go, not the exact cabin but identical, a little further ahead & port side, views out the balcony should 95%+ mirrored yours ... lifeboats are 2 decks below.  Bed and sofa location is just like yours - cabin 9190 video is older, taken in 2015.

https://youtu.be/Aq38rx_dfbM

There are 2 bright, flexible LED lights bedside that swivel but no USB charging port next to them, unlike newer NCL ships fitted with one.  Bring a EU 2-pin 220V outlet adapter along to make the most use of the limited 110V outlets, all cleverly hidden under the desk/dresser table along the wall, opposite the bed.  Light switch for the vanity mirror/sink is under the cabinet, not on the wall - just bend your knees and look under - gifts from the ship's French designers, LOL.  Optionally: two 10 ft. USB extension cables for charging acros the room, air freshener for the toilet closet and 2 to 4 bulldog clips or alike to bind the sliding shower curtain, for privacy while changing and in the shower area ... and, there is no extra (if any) shelf to put your clothes .... be creative.  When not in use, we bring the mini coffee table on the balcony into the room to use

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mking8288 said:

There you go, not the exact cabin but identical, a little further ahead & port side, views out the balcony should 95%+ mirrored yours ... lifeboats are 2 decks below.  Bed and sofa location is just like yours - cabin 9190 video is older, taken in 2015.

https://youtu.be/Aq38rx_dfbM

There are 2 bright, flexible LED lights bedside that swivel but no USB charging port next to them, unlike newer NCL ships fitted with one.  Bring a EU 2-pin 220V outlet adapter along to make the most use of the limited 110V outlets, all cleverly hidden under the desk/dresser table along the wall, opposite the bed.  Light switch for the vanity mirror/sink is under the cabinet, not on the wall - just bend your knees and look under - gifts from the ship's French designers, LOL.  Optionally: two 10 ft. USB extension cables for charging acros the room, air freshener for the toilet closet and 2 to 4 bulldog clips or alike to bind the sliding shower curtain, for privacy while changing and in the shower area ... and, there is no extra (if any) shelf to put your clothes .... be creative.  When not in use, we bring the mini coffee table on the balcony into the room to use

Great info, thanks for that!!

Epic looks like a beautiful ship but people can't seem to get over the room layout....??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RaiderFaninNM said:

That debatable, now have you see the Icon....🤮 now that's fugly!

ICON OTS puts up a good fight with an ugly face, gaudy colors, and an unattractive rear but Epic will be the undisputed and undefeated Ugly Emeritus of the cruise industry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

ICON OTS puts up a good fight with an ugly face, gaudy colors, and an unattractive rear but Epic will be the undisputed and undefeated Ugly Emeritus of the cruise industry.

Don't think so, Icon will be the undisputed champ on fugly, wait it already it is outside with the pimple at the bow and the inside packed to gills, uea a floating wannabe shopping mall...

38 minutes ago, RaiderFaninNM said:

That debatable, now have you see the Icon....🤮 now that's fugly!

I LOVE the look of the Icon. It looks whimsical and exciting. Someday, when prices come down about $1,000,000 per stateroom I'm going to try to convince my husband to try out Royal! 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2024 at 10:31 AM, RaiderFaninNM said:

Great info, thanks for that!!

Epic looks like a beautiful ship but people can't seem to get over the room layout....??

Well, since this is the only ship with this style room layout, I think that says quite a bit lol..   I'm sure it's fine but quite a choice in the layout... Still not sure why the toilet area couldnt at least be a "room"  the shower, while weird, ok, I get it

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding bed and couch location within the room for Epic, it appears that when you view the deck plans on NCL for Epic, you can determine the location of the bed. Every cabin has one curved wall with two bulges, one 'into' the cabin and one 'out' of the cabin. The bed is located in the curve bulging 'out' from the room and the couch is located at the bulge 'into' the room.

I have verified this for a number of rooms using this topic: 

Does seem logically correct though, doesn't it? But I may be wrong, so please correct me if I am.