The Key....What's the most you will pay for it?

6 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

It cut off my sentence but notice my post mentions my autistic son.  Autistic people (most of them) have issues with lines, usually because of the stimulation of anticipation (seeing something but can’t get to it) and lines are in smaller enclosed areas which is a nightmare for an autistic person.  So that’s why I asked if there are long lines what do I do?

The Key on most ships gives a reserved time for attractions 1-2 times during the cruise.  Lines will be short during those times, especially since they aren't popular times (think early and meal times).  I'm not sure they have ever put "short line" waits on most ships (although maybe that's coming to Icon).

If that reserved time works for your son, you'll be set.  If not, cruising on a megaship where activities are "seen" every day but need to be waited for a lot, may not be the best vacation for your family.

It cut off my sentence but notice my post mentions my autistic son.  Autistic people (most of them) have issues with lines, usually because of the stimulation of anticipation (seeing something but can’t get to it) and lines are in smaller enclosed areas which is a nightmare for an autistic person.  So that’s why I asked if there are long lines what do I do?

No one can tell you what you should do. You know your son and where he falls on the spectrum far better than any of us can comprehend. I am versed in autism and appreciate your challenges. Understand that RCI's different classes of ships have different amenities and provide different cruise experiences. Maybe the larger ships are not the best choice for your family. There are a lot of people and the environment can be quite "stimulating" as compared to the smaller ships. Only you can decide what will be better for your son. Symphony is a popular ship for families so you should anticipate lines at the attractions. If you are fortunate to encounter slower times when there is little wait time then great. However, you should probably prepare for the worst case scenario and be pleasantly surprised if you encounter better.

@Minuet888 I’d suggest you contact Royal ahead of time and request special accommodation. Your autistic son should qualify the same as a person in a wheel chair, mobility device or using a rollator. I doubt you’d be the first person to inquire.

On 1/11/2024 at 1:34 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

How much would I pay?  Zero.  Admittedly, I'm just not the target audience: 

- I don't want to give someone else my carry-on.  That's why I carry it on.  This perk seems quite odd to me.  

- The priority boarding, disembarkation and meals aren't interesting enough to encourage me to pay. 

- If I were going to buy internet service and this would literally be only $1-2 more per day, I might consider it, but probably not.  

Do you have to give them your carry on? I guess one could just keep it and enjoy other perks?