Need an opinion on which ship to sail

Hey all. I’m looking to do a solo trip sometime this spring to the Caribbean and I’m looking ant trips either on Princess or Celebrity (kind of leaning towards Princess though). I’m not new to either line however I’ve narrowed it down to a couple trips. Princess trips either on Caribbean or Emerald Princess.

I’ve never been on either ship and I was wondering what people thought or if they have a preference of one over the other. I know they’re both older and we’re refurbished a few years ago. 

Do either ships have a spot inside that’s quiet? That’s the one thing I wasn’t a big fan of on Discovery Princess. I like a place where I can just sit and drink coffee somewhere outside of my cabin. 

I’m just getting back into Princess after a streak on Celebrity and I’m not against going back if someone thinks it’s a better line or ships (trips I’m looking at would be on Beyond or Apex) in comparison. 

Any advice, thoughts, or opinions are much appreciated.

23 hours ago, SPacificbound said:

We have always been able to find a quiet spot on Celebrity. We have never cruised with Princess.

I love Celebrity and have yet to be on the Beyond/Apex but have been

on the Edge so I feel like the adjustment wouldn’t be too much. Martini bar is one of my favorite spots.  

• Like 1

Do a fake booking on Celebrity with two people in the cabin and then do the same room as a single.  See which costs more.  The latest rumor is that Celebrity is charging more for a solo cruiser in a cabin than for 2 regular cruisers in the same cabin.  Because of that, I would sail on Princess.

This early riser wanders down to the International Cafe in the morning, gets a 'brewed black coffee' then I find a seat in the seating near the IC...never a lot of people there, so it is quiet while the caffeine takes effect.  (Princess)

I've cruised the Caribbean and a sister ship to Emerald (Ruby).  Frankly, if itineraries are equal, I couldn't imagine picking either of those over a Celebrity Edge Class ship.

10 hours ago, tundra1 said:

Do a fake booking on Celebrity with two people in the cabin and then do the same room as a single.  See which costs more.  The latest rumor is that Celebrity is charging more for a solo cruiser in a cabin than for 2 regular cruisers in the same cabin.  Because of that, I would sail on Princess.

They all do that. There’s a singles supplement when solo cruising unless the ship has single passenger cabins which the newer Edge class ships do. Unfortunately they’re aren’t many and they go quick. The good news is celebrity is running a 75% off second passenger. I’m leaning towards Princess anyway. 

I may have company but I’m unsure at the moment. I’m torn between going alone and having a friend come with me.