Club Continent Bath

nordski

7 hours ago, Ithikan said:

We received an offer to upgrade our cruise (Jan. 4, 2024-Jan. 21, 2024; Journey) via email.  We were invited to bid; did so; our bid was accepted and final confirmation was via a telephone conversation between 3 parties - myself, and two Azamara people.  It was a tiny bit fraught as we were enroute internationally during the call and had the missing day & New Year's holiday to contend with, but all's well that ends well...

And yes, we are in a Club Continental Suite, nicely placed midship.  With a tub.  Which, happily, is not an issue for us.  The suite number was discussed during the final, confirmation call so we would have been able to sail without accepting the upgrade.

I do understand that accessing the tub (there is a solid handrail, BTW) is not feasible for some.

We are very happy with our placement and are enjoying the Aquilina breakfast option as well as the other suite amenities.

That's great. Having a phone call makes all the difference for me and is how it used to be. You are US based and my fear is that it won't work the same way in the UK. We'll see. If I'm successful in my bid and go to the next stage I'll report here my experience. At the moment I am treating it like I've taken a risk and if I don't get the offer am still happy with the cabin and location I've picked. I've bid more than the minimum, but not a great deal more. 

Phil 

• Like 3

Thanks to all who have provided lots of good information on this thread. An excellent example of the value of this forum.

Ithikan has pointed out that there is an anchored hand rail in the tub/shower combo.

Can anyone share the location of that handrail?

Thanks!

• Like 1

This text is at the end of my upgrade offer email:  "Your card details won't be stored once verified,..." (that's clear)  "...or used to collect any payments automatically if your offer is accepted."  The latter part of the sentence seems new as the upgrade used to be automatically charged and was irrevocable.  Hence, it does appear to be up for discussion during the courtesy call 72 hours prior as posted by lthikan above, albeit not entirely transparent.  Or am I over-thinking this sentence?                 

Screenshot_20240115_083438_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ad6fb5ae8e90121ccc802fc0243e5286.jpg 

51 minutes ago, Cruiser Craig said:

This text is at the end of my upgrade offer email:  "Your card details won't be stored once verified,..." (that's clear)  "...or used to collect any payments automatically if your offer is accepted."  The latter part of the sentence seems new as the upgrade used to be automatically charged and was irrevocable.  Hence, it does appear to be up for discussion during the courtesy call 72 hours prior as posted by lthikan above, albeit not entirely transparent.  Or am I over-thinking this sentence?                 

Screenshot_20240115_083438_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ad6fb5ae8e90121ccc802fc0243e5286.jpg 

That is new wording!  Good to see it 

• Like 1