Club Continent Bath

nordski

The last time we were in a Club Continent bath/shower we were somewhat younger and shall we say more nimble.

Can’t remember if the entrance side of the bath is a solid wall of the same height that allows no easier entry point. If memory serves the side of the tub is rather high and narrow.

Thanks to those who have a better memory or a more recent experience.

15 minutes ago, nordski said:

The last time we were in a Club Continent bath/shower we were somewhat younger and shall we say more nimble.

Can’t remember if the entrance side of the bath is a solid wall of the same height that allows no easier entry point. If memory serves the side of the tub is rather high and narrow.

Thanks to those who have a better memory or a more recent experience.

Your memory is correct.

1 minute ago, marinaro44 said:

Your memory is correct.

Thanks very much.

We are faced with choosing the side of the ship we want or avoiding the tub/shower combo.

I was hoping our memory was not correct,

3 hours ago, nordski said:

Thanks very much.

We are faced with choosing the side of the ship we want or avoiding the tub/shower combo.

I was hoping our memory was not correct,

Yes it’s a hard choice. The tub combo is a nightmare for so many. Locks you out of bidding for upgrades as well as you can’t risk getting a tub. Why they ever listened to the few who wanted a high % suites with tubs I will never know. 50% was way too high imho 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, uktog said:

Yes it’s a hard choice. The tub combo is a nightmare for so many. Locks you out of bidding for upgrades as well as you can’t risk getting a tub. Why they ever listened to the few who wanted a high % suites with tubs I will never know. 50% was way too high imho 

Agree totally! You will remember the rather heated debate that took place in this forum concerning this matter.

Your point about the reluctance to bid for Club Continent upgrades also supports the notion that Azamara is leaving some significant money on the table.

Perhaps converting some of the suites would soon pay for the alteration.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, nordski said:

Agree totally! You will remember the rather heated debate that took place in this forum concerning this matter.

Your point about the reluctance to bid for Club Continent upgrades also supports the notion that Azamara is leaving some significant money on the table.

Excellent point re conversion cost recovery 

Oh yes I remember the vocals of some frequent cruisers who were sadly out of touch with the reality and wishes of the majority 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, nordski said:

6 hours ago, uktog said:

Excellent point re conversion cost recovery 

Oh yes I remember the vocals of some frequent cruisers who were sadly out of touch with the reality and wishes of the majority 

I only remember one person heatedly demanding a bathtub...  Thankfully they learned their lesson with Onward.

Think it was a few more and the lobby was as vocal off line. Azamara wouldn’t have made a change on the noise of one regular here.
I don’t think they did learn enough with Onward the % with tubs is still too high. They should have had the courage to do as other lines do eg Viking and eliminated the tubs. They’d sell out CC far more easily and have much less hassle of having to work changes if they 

If they are aiming for a younger market they are virtually all shower rather than tub users. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, uktog said:

If they are aiming for a younger market they are virtually all shower rather than tub users. 

If memory serves, this was one of the strongest arguments you made back in the original debate.

But the decision was Azamara’s and, like you, I think they made the wrong determination. 

• Like 1

Going back to 2015 this thread would indicate that Azamara didn’t respond to this thread as regards the proportion of walk in showers as opposed to bath/ shower combos.

There were many other threads regarding the then proposed refurbishment but the majority were about the addition of an Asian specialty restaurant on the Sunset Terrace which of course didn’t happen but makes interesting reading.

Flicking through the pages of history was interesting but the number of threads relating to Website / Customer Service issues highlighted that the past wasn’t that perfect either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2024 at 5:33 PM, uktog said:

I can use it..climbing not a problem for me.But for months no I would not like it.Tub people have the right to climb.

19 hours ago, nogihs said:

As to the bidding for upgrades. Our email to bid for a upgrade for March 22 states WE DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE THE UPGRADE. 

Excellent news. I will look closely at my next offer. 
Some people are very lucky not to have been afflicted by conditions that affect their mobility- until you are you don’t understand how depressing it can be and the extent to which it impacts on your ability to do simple things. Empathy is such a gift! 

• Like 6

I'm not entirely sure that the upgrade system offers me a cabin number to say yes or no to. This would be a new and very welcome change. These are the parts of my offer for my March cruise that I've picked out. The phone number quoted is a US telephone number. I'm not confident it will happen, certainly in the UK. I'll keep you posted what transpires. 

Phil 

IMG_3583.jpeg

IMG_3582.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I agree, it’s very unclear whether they’ll give you the cabin number assigned before you ‘complete the payment’.

I suppose as long as they can confirm walk in shower or tub I would be happy but thanks Phil we will send you out as the UK 🐹 guinea pig. I’m not sure why they don’t email rather than phone which would avoid international issues 

15 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I agree, it’s very unclear whether they’ll give you the cabin number assigned before you ‘complete the payment’.

It says "Once payment is completed, you will receive your stateroom number."  That appears like you must first make payment i.e. accept - without knowing the allocated number.  So it seems you will continue to take your chances as to whether the subsequent allocation suits you.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Anchor Light said:

It says "Once payment is completed, you will receive your stateroom number."  That appears like you must first make payment i.e. accept - without knowing the allocated number.  So it seems you will continue to take your chances as to whether the subsequent allocation suits you.

I’m hoping I can ask for clarification on the room type (not the number) before paying if I’m in luck 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, uktog said:

I suppose as long as they can confirm walk in shower or tub I would be happy but thanks Phil we will send you out as the UK 🐹 guinea pig. I’m not sure why they don’t email rather than phone which would avoid international issues 

I think any offer I might get could be before Phil’s as our cruise is 20 Feb and I think his is March. If I get an offer I’ll post here how much information I get before having to accept/decline the offer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I’m hoping I can ask for clarification on the room type (not the number) before paying if I’m in luck 

I understood that one of the reasons they changed the upgrade system to a bidding system was because the prior method required extensive manual intervention.

Having said that,  it would be nice if they could allow for requests such as this in spite of automation.  🤞

Just now, Anchor Light said:

I understood that one of the reasons they changed the upgrade system to a bidding system was because the prior method required extensive manual intervention.

Having said that,  it would be nice if they could allow for requests such as this in spite of automation.  🤞

I think the only area that needs clarification is tub vs shower rooms for club continental and that can be achieved in the bid process by having separated club continental suites into two categories so you can bid on the type you want. Then automation can continue as before 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, uktog said:

I think the only area that needs clarification is tub vs shower rooms for club continental and that can be achieved in the bid process by having separated club continental suites into two categories so you can bid on the type you want. Then automation can continue as before 

That would also give them more granular information about how few people want a tub.  And allow those who don't care to get a really cheap upgrade as the tub suites go un-bidden [is that a word?]

• Like 3

We received an offer to upgrade our cruise (Jan. 4, 2024-Jan. 21, 2024; Journey) via email.  We were invited to bid; did so; our bid was accepted and final confirmation was via a telephone conversation between 3 parties - myself, and two Azamara people.  It was a tiny bit fraught as we were enroute internationally during the call and had the missing day & New Year's holiday to contend with, but all's well that ends well...

And yes, we are in a Club Continental Suite, nicely placed midship.  With a tub.  Which, happily, is not an issue for us.  The suite number was discussed during the final, confirmation call so we would have been able to sail without accepting the upgrade.

I do understand that accessing the tub (there is a solid handrail, BTW) is not feasible for some.

We are very happy with our placement and are enjoying the Aquilina breakfast option as well as the other suite amenities.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3