MDR Dining reservations changed by Princess - Normal?

hatchda

I am on the 7 Day | Mexican Riviera starting on January 13, 2024 and today Princess changed all of my reservations from SKAGWAY to JUNEAU. I don't mind the dining room change but thought it was kind of odd they changed it 2 days before the cruise.  At least they kept me at the same time and private table.

I’ve had my reservations “changed” before on short notice.  Got an apologetic email.  But it was the same MDR and time. Nothing changed!  I should have asked for OBC as compensation for my inconvenience.  LOL

• Haha 1

The app does the bookings based upon generic capacity data for any given ship. The data gets transfered to the ship a few days before the cruise. If there is anything going on onboard such as staffing, special groups, etc. then the ship may have to make changes based upon specific information that may impact that cruise. So, yes, it does happen.

On a cruise last year our dining room was changed the day of the cruise. The ship wasn't sailing full and they simply didn't use the dining room on Deck 5. They also didn't open Sabatini's on that cruise. On our last cruises I got several emails apologizing for changing our dining but they all said they were changing if from what we had to what we had. Very weird.