Wheelchairs at Zeebrugge Port

I am looking for specific information regarding the port at Zeebrugge, regarding my husband's wheelchair.  If I understand correctly, when you get off the ship, you can either get on a port-provided shuttle to the terminal; or a ship-provided shuttle or excursion to Bruges or the train.  The ship-provided accessible shuttle to Bruges is fully booked.  We were interested in a taxi anyway, but I understand you can only get in a taxi at the terminal.  My question: is the port-provided shuttle to the terminal the low-to-the-ground kind, or one with a lift for the wheelchair, or does that person have to climb up stairs onto the shuttle to the terminal?

We were there prior to covid. At that time all the shuttles were large buses with 4 to 5 steep steps. They did not want to load my (then) scooter onto our shuttle but ultimately did so.

When we were there, some shuttles had ramps and some did not. I think we had to wait while three or four came and went before we were able to board.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there twice last year. I have a mobility scooter. You have to use th3 Port Authority bus to the port gates.

From there we took a private shuttle to Bruges. The company is called Express Shuttle. If you Google you wil find it.

I think it is €11 each way. They have accessible buses (but not every one).

You can either book online or when you get there.

Bruges has a lot of cobblestones, so makes for a bumpy ride.

• 2 weeks later...