Question about boarding day

I just did my check in for my upcoming Feb cruise and in the email I received after completed there are step by step instructions for preparing for boarding day. 
#3 says “have all your medication on hand and not packed in checked luggage”

I have never had anyone at check-in ask to see our prescription medication, is this something new? 

17 minutes ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

I just did my check in for my upcoming Feb cruise and in the email I received after completed there are step by step instructions for preparing for boarding day. 
#3 says “have all your medication on hand and not packed in checked luggage”

I have never had anyone at check-in ask to see our prescription medication, is this something new? 

Nothing new. Staff will not want to see your medications. Notice is a reminder for us to not risk losing valuable items if our checked luggage goes astray. Airlines will make the same suggestion re: carry on luggage. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SFCAcruiser said:

Nothing new. Staff will not want to see your medications. Notice is a reminder for us to not risk losing valuable items if our checked luggage goes astray. Airlines will make the same suggestion re: carry on luggage. 

Thank you. The way it’s worded on the email (added below) makes it sound like they might want to see it. I always pack our meds in our carry ins for the reasons you mentioned.

Have all your physical travel documentation and medication on
hand (and not in checked luggage).

5 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

Thank you. The way it’s worded on the email (added below) makes it sound like they might want to see it. I always pack our meds in our carry ins for the reasons you mentioned.

Have all your physical travel documentation and medication on
hand (and not in checked luggage).

You’re reading something into it that isn’t there. If something would happen to your suitcase, they want to make sure that your medication doesn’t go astray, that’s all.

• Like 2