WiFi on the Pearl

lele100

I have 75 minutes of free Wi-Fi on my upcoming Norwegian, Pearl Cruise. As I understand that the Wi-Fi is very unreliable can anyone from experience tell me if there was a better time of day to connect.? As as I mentioned on another post, I need to send a couple important emails and want to make sure I can connect

I was on the Pearl over Christmas and found that the internet speed was consistent throughout the day.  Not lightning fast for streaming, but certainly consistent enough for email and standard web browsing.

• Like 1

internet speed sucks across the fleet, no matter the ship. that, by most reports, seems true even on ships which have been retrofitted with starlink, which does seem to improve the reliability of the wifi connection, but not so much the speed.

that being said, you shouldn't have any problem sending an email or two or seven... on the pearl or any other ship.

as for when the internet is more robust and reliable, yes, off hours is the way to go. for some that means early morning, just before breakfast, while most are sleeping. for me... it means midnight or 1 or 2 am.

• Like 1

On the Escape last February. Internet was fine, in fact better than fine but I did not try streaming. People who say that it is bad fleetwide are just making things up to suit their own agenda. 

We were on the Pearl for the December 9-18 cruise. The WiFi was stable and we had no problem with emails and using apps and websites.

The exception was when the clouds were low and it was really foggy. Once the clouds lifted and it wasn’t as foggy, the WiFi was back to normal.  I’m sure the Starlink system doesn’t work well in foggy conditions.  

Since the Pearl has Starlink, you will be good with emails. 

• Like 1

Reporting live from the Bliss.

Online just under 24 hours.

So far, service is decent. Sometimes pages are a bit slower to load; not terrible.

There is a semi-dead zone in the Atrium. Wifi just goes in & out - mostly out.

• Like 1