Carnival Mastercard Questions

I know this isn't the place to ask, but before I spend hours on hold, I am just wondering if anyone has any experience and can answer. 

I know it is 6 month interest free on all cruise purchases. That leads to my questions below:

1. If I pay my deposit on this statement, then, I know I will get 6 months interest free.

2. If I pay the remaining amount next statement, will I get 6 months interest free (an additional month technically) still since it is a separate transaction, or do I have to pay for it all at 1 time to get the entire thing 6 month interest free.

3. The benefits says the 6 month interest free is only valid for the cruise purchase and not onboard purchases. If I purchase CHEERS ahead of time, is it considered an on board purchase still, or is it 6 months interest free also?

Thanks!

While this doesn't answer your question, I'll add that you can book a cruise with Carnival directly and just make payments from the time you book until your final payment due date, all interest free. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

While this doesn't answer your question, I'll add that you can book a cruise with Carnival directly and just make payments from the time you book until your final payment due date, all interest free. 

True! And you can use Carnival gift cards purchased from AARP (need to be a member) at 10% off and pay off almost anything cruise related.  That's what I do😃

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

True! And you can use Carnival gift cards purchased from AARP (need to be a member) at 10% off and pay off almost anything cruise related.  That's what I do😃

Same! I had a Carnival branded Barclays Mastercard years ago but closed it. It was the worst card I had in terms of benefits. 

• Like 2

Just now, teknoge3k said:

Same! I had a Carnival branded Barclays Mastercard years ago but closed it. It was the worst card I had in terms of benefits. 

Yeah, I use mine to purchase the AARP gift cards. At least I get $50 off cruise purchases every 5,000 points.  I know, woo hoo, but I like seeing the Carnival ship on my card. 🚢

• Like 1