Totem Bright State Park - Ketchikan

Starward_Girl

There are tours that will take you out there. You might also consider chartering a taxi when you get to town. That seems to be a growing avenue as it gives you quite a bit of freedom. I am not sure what the per hour charge will be this year. I like Totem Bight over Saxman. That's just a personal choice.

I was kind of hoping to NOT take a tour. I already paid for tickets for the Lumberjack show and since Totem Bright is free (maybe a parking fee), I was hoping to shoot up there for a quick look around. The kids want to see Totem Poles. I was hoping for a shuttle or city bus, something cheap. I appreciate the suggestions. Keep them coming. I will check out the Sour Dough tours. That sounds pretty reasonable.

Or does anyone know if there are Totem Poles in the town of Ketchikan?

There are totems all over Ketchikan. :) Starting right at the dock, Whale Park, Creek St. take the funicular up to the Fox Westmark, out the back is a wonderful selection of totems, then consider the Married Man's Trail back down. :)

The Public Lands has a nice exhibit. http://www.fs.fed.us/r10/tongass/districts/discoverycenter/

If you want Totem Bight, I suggest a rental car with Alaska Rental Car, I have rented from them a few times and would be your best option for getting to Totem Bight, city buses don't go that far.

Budget Queen -

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

The info that you supplied is exactly what I needed. I will do what you said, sounds like an excellant plan. My main goal is to see Totems, not necessarily to go to the park.

BTW, I love your name, as I am a budget queen myself.

Gotta love Cruise Critic - Boards!

Budget Queen -

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

The info that you supplied is exactly what I needed. I will do what you said, sounds like an excellant plan. My main goal is to see Totems, not necessarily to go to the park.

BTW, I love your name, as I am a budget queen myself.

Gotta love Cruise Critic - Boards!

Thank you for the kind words. :) Also be sure to pick up a walking tour map at the dock visitor center. Will identify the above areas for totems for you.

Archived