EZ Air

love to cruz

We usually booked through EZAir however, I found them more expensive this time than Air Canada by $400 per person for our flight to Barcelona this summer. 

12 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

We usually booked through EZAir however, I found them more expensive this time than Air Canada by $400 per person for our flight to Barcelona this summer. 

Surprising.

34 minutes ago, aForestr said:

In addition, with EZair bookings check your flights and seat assignments frequently.

Often, EzAir bookings are done ASAP (~11 mths out) and airlines make equipment and schedule changes a lot these days.  One ought to heed the same advice if booked directly as it ain't EzAir making those changes.

36 minutes ago, aForestr said:

For some reason my EZair bookings seem to consistently have very short layover times.  Been burned with that so I avoid short layovers. 

It isn't EzAir that sets the flight schedules.  The airlines do it.  It mixing airlines at a connection point, then any booking engine will select flights that meet that airport's minimum connection times.  I have found many instances on EzAir the opportunity to select a different combination with a longer layover.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Often, EzAir bookings are done ASAP (~11 mths out) and airlines make equipment and schedule changes a lot these days.  One ought to heed the same advice if booked directly as it ain't EzAir making those changes.

As soon as our flights open up with EZAir we booked however, I may have to cancel and go with Air Canada. I have been checking at least twice a day for the past 5 months. 

Edited by DHP1

1 hour ago, jimlouisesophie said:

I did not see the flights I wanted on EZ Air, but did see  them with two other airlines, West Jet outboard and Air Canada Inbound...Can EZ Air do the flights I want or do I have to stick with their recommendations?

IDK why those flights would be missing, unless the max number of seats available to consolidators like EzAir were sold. 

An option to try is to narrow down the selection and include your preferred airline.  That might show more options since the other carriers do not appear in the list. If you still don't find a flight you know is offered by AC or WS, then you need to book directly with them.

@jimlouisesophie last time we booked with EZAir on a West Jet flight we couldn’t check in the airline kiosk or online.  It told us we had to go to the airline counter, which wasn’t a big deal. We already had our seats assigned to us 

15 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

@jimlouisesophie last time we booked with EZAir on a West Jet flight we couldn’t check in the airline kiosk or online.  It told us we had to go to the airline counter, which wasn’t a big deal. We already had our seats assigned to us 

Did you go to the airline website and make sure your FF number and personal information was all entered?  With this in place, it should be smooth sailing - er flying.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Did you go to the airline website and make sure your FF number and personal information was all entered?  With this in place, it should be smooth sailing - er flying.

Yes,  we booked our seats through West Jet and I believe we also provided our passports information. It could have been one of those weird situations. We didn’t really care as all we needed was our luggage tags and boarding pass. Now, if someone wanted to check in at the kiosk or online and select their seats, they “may” run into a problem.  Beside that, it should had work. 

Edited by DHP1

52 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

IDK why those flights would be missing, unless the max number of seats available to consolidators like EzAir were sold. 

An option to try is to narrow down the selection and include your preferred airline.  That might show more options since the other carriers do not appear in the list. If you still don't find a flight you know is offered by AC or WS, then you need to book directly with them.

Tried that and I even tried booking one way, but the flights still did no show up...Really like the idea of booking and not paying until October for our January 2025 cruise, but still have lots of time to book..will probably book with WJ outbound and AC inbound as this gives us the better price....Seat sales have not appeared that far in advance and will probably not show up for awhile.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, jimlouisesophie said:

Tried that and I even tried booking one way, but the flights still did no show up...Really like the idea of booking and not paying until October for our January 2025 cruise, but still have lots of time to book..will probably book with WJ outbound and AC inbound as this gives us the better price....Seat sales have not appeared that far in advance and will probably not show up for awhile.

Is your cruise out of Fort Lauderdale and if so, price the airfare into Miami which we found “much cheaper”. We rented a car from Avis (one way) and drop it off at Avis cruise port. Avis has a cruise shuttle to the various Ports. Keep in mind this goes back a few years ago as things may have changed by now with Avis.
Just a suggestion. 

Edited by DHP1

3 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Is your cruise out of Fort Lauderdale and if so, price the airfare into Miami which we found “much cheaper”. We rented a car from Avis (one way) and drop it off at Avis cruise port. Avis has a cruise shuttle to the various Ports. Keep in mind this goes back a few years ago as things may have changed by now with Avis. 

No, we r sailing out of San Pedro, LA, but good advice

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jimlouisesophie said:

Thanks.  Where are you going?  Is the WS flight a Delta codeshare?

ETA:  Oh forget It.  I see you are going to LA area.

Edited by Steelers36

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

Just a suggestion. 

Anytime I have looked at MIA vs FLL, fares have been higher there from YYZ.  Also, not very convenient at all if cruising from PE.  Would want to save a "ton" to fly into MIA versus the few minutes distance to PE.

We have EZ Air flights on United from Montreal to Maui in July. The first flight is a code share, with a United flight number from Montreal to Denver on Air Canada. On the Princess site it says to call Air Canada directly to book seats. I tried but was informed that the ticket hasn't been purchased yet, so not possible until then.

On the Air Canada website, it shows every seat on the plane to be an upcharge of at least $25.

Does EZ Air book seats that don't include a paid seat assignment (Basic Economy)? When our tickets are purchased by Princess will we still have to pay extra for a seat assignment?

How about luggage? Will I have to pay Air Canada for the first flight and United for the second?

TIA!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Teechur said:

We have EZ Air flights on United from Montreal to Maui in July. The first flight is a code share, with a United flight number from Montreal to Denver on Air Canada. On the Princess site it says to call Air Canada directly to book seats. I tried but was informed that the ticket hasn't been purchased yet, so not possible until then.

On the Air Canada website, it shows every seat on the plane to be an upcharge of at least $25.

Does EZ Air book seats that don't include a paid seat assignment (Basic Economy)? When our tickets are purchased by Princess will we still have to pay extra for a seat assignment?

How about luggage? Will I have to pay Air Canada for the first flight and United for the second?

TIA!

Yes, Air Canada won't let you pick seats until EZ Air tickets/pays your flight.

You can then purchase a seat for $25 or more...or you could wait until 24 hours checkin to get a "free" left over seat.  I have done both and would recommend buying a seat early.  I logged in immediately when possible.  Picked my 2 seats for free.  Within an hour, all that was left were middle seats.  By the time the flight left, it was full.

I had a really tight connection and did not want to risk missing it.  So I purchased a ticket as close to the front as possible and hightailed it out as soon as the doors opened.  

If you have connecting flights, you have to pay for each segment.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I'm going to say in this case since AC & UA are Star Alliance partners and this is a single booking on a UA ticket, there will be a single charge - if any at all - for a bag check.  I think you get one checked bag free when flying to HI.

ETA:  Take that back.  There is a bag fee, but you don't pay double.  If it isn't obvious, bag is checked through to destination.

Edited by Steelers36

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Teechur said:

No, EZair sells regular economy and not basic economy.  That said, some airlines charge for seat selection and some don't.  AC will milk the customer to the extent possible.  They are also one of the carriers that requires ticketing before seat selection in economy.  If you were to book premium economy or business class, you will be able to seat select for free in EZair at time of booking.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I'm going to say in this case since AC & UA are Star Alliance partners and this is a single booking on a UA ticket, there will be a single charge - if any at all - for a bag check.  I think you get one checked bag free when flying to HI.

ETA:  Take that back.  There is a bag fee, but you don't pay double.

I was referring to seat selection.  And, thanks to you @Steelers36, I made my flight.  

It's a bummer that most Canada flights to/from the US do charge for the first bag.  Don't get me started on going on a vacation without any luggage!  And yes, charged once for baggage to be checked through...if ticket is routed as one.

Yes, Air Canada charges, Delta doesn't (flown both to Canada).  And class of service does matter.  So weigh seat charge and baggage charge to see if it is worth while to upgrade.

Gee, it's beginning to sound like: "should I buy Plus or not"...lol

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have booked thru EZAir many times in the past, and re-fared with no problems until now when booking flights for a westbound trans-atlantic in November.

Booked flexible with no problem as soon as flights were available in February.  Since then have re-fared twice for savings of almost $250.  But each time I tried to re-book on the system I would get a message that the flights were no longer available with the invite to try again.  When I clicked on 'try again' got a message that as a minor I could not book!!.  Its been a few decades since I was a minor.

So both times a call to EZAir thru the Princess general number, was answered quickly, and the change was made.  

The second of the two re-fares was 2 days ago and today I received an email from the airline flying us to the UK thanking us for our booking!  Really? Checked the Travel Summary and sure enought the flight in both directions are ticketed.  I did not request early ticketing, nor has my Credit Card been charged.

This should prove interesting should I wish to take advantage of another fare reduction.

oops....Delta did charge for baggage from LAX to Montreal.  I just happen to have a Delta Credit Card that gave me one free piece of luggage.  But their membership is going up to $150/year.  Won't travel enough to have free luggage break even.  But seat selection was free.

2 minutes ago, racj846 said:

Have booked thru EZAir many times in the past, and re-fared with no problems until now when booking flights for a westbound trans-atlantic in November.

Booked flexible with no problem as soon as flights were available in February.  Since then have re-fared twice for savings of almost $250.  But each time I tried to re-book on the system I would get a message that the flights were no longer available with the invite to try again.  When I clicked on 'try again' got a message that as a minor I could not book!!.  Its been a few decades since I was a minor.

So both times a call to EZAir thru the Princess general number, was answered quickly, and the change was made.  

The second of the two re-fares was 2 days ago and today I received an email from the airline flying us to the UK thanking us for our booking!  Really? Checked the Travel Summary and sure enought the flight in both directions are ticketed.  I did not request early ticketing, nor has my Credit Card been charged.

This should prove interesting should I wish to take advantage of another fare reduction.

Even after your fare is ticketed AND paid for, you can still make changes up to 45 days out.  That's the beauty of EZ Air.  I even cancelled the booking prior to 45 days and got a refund via cc. If you make changes between 90 and 45 days, you will receive a refund.

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, Air Canada won't let you pick seats until EZ Air tickets/pays your flight.

You can then purchase a seat for $25 or more...or you could wait until 24 hours checkin to get a "free" left over seat.  I have done both and would recommend buying a seat early.  I logged in immediately when possible.  Picked my 2 seats for free.  Within an hour, all that was left were middle seats.  By the time the flight left, it was full.

I had a really tight connection and did not want to risk missing it.  So I purchased a ticket as close to the front as possible and hightailed it out as soon as the doors opened.  

We will upgrade to Economy Plus if there are seats available. The second flight, Denver to Maui is almost $200 pp. for the upgrade. The bag fee is $40 and although I have a United Credit Card, it probably won't allow us free bags since we didn't purchase the flights directly from United. I'm hoping they will allow us in the United lounge in Denver since I normally qualify. With the codeshare flight, neither Air Canada nor United representatives seem to know the details. 🤪

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Even after your fare is ticketed AND paid for, you can still make changes up to 45 days out.  That's the beauty of EZ Air.  I even cancelled the booking prior to 45 days and got a refund via cc. If you make changes between 90 and 45 days, you will receive a refund.

It's my understanding that if we upgrade our seats or prepay baggage fees then change flights, we lose the upgrade money. It is non-refundable. Best to wait until we are reasonably sure of our flights and hope that there are upgrade seats still available.

• Like 1

@Teechur. My memory is fuzzy, but I am trying to recall my initial Delta flight (that I cancelled) to Montreal.  When I inquired with Delta about free one check, I was told that as long as I purchased EZ Air AND had my credit card at the ticket counter, they would have allowed me free luggage.  I never got to test that policy since that is the flight that I cancelled.

Good luck with the lounge.  That seems to be a given if you have a United flight/ticket and are usually admitted.  That would be a nice way to pass the time.

• Like 1