All Glass Boat Cabo Price at Dock

looking4info

Tried searching but no luck. Found plenty of on line vendors for the all glass boat tours to Los Arcos but curious if anyone has done a walk up and what the pricing was. Not 100% sure that is what family members want to do. Would be better to wait. Thanks.

Just returned back this week from the Mexican Riviera and Cabo was our last stop.  When you arrive you will find soooooooo many vendors selling the same tours we did inquire on the glass bottom boat tour from a few of the vendors and they all seemed to be the same cost of $25 for about a 45 minute tour.  You will have no problem getting on one once you arrive.

We did exactly this...we walked up to a vendor booth, not a guy with a sign, and asked the price. I think it was $25 or so maybe $30.  The vendor booth guy waived over another guy who walked us(myself and hubby)to the dock.  We waited around for them to basically sell more tickets.  When enough folks paid and the boat was full, we boarded and were off. I guess what I am saying is that they are all selling the same stuff.  Once enough tickets are sold by everyone at the dock area, the boat is loaded and off it goes.  I almost feel like it is a scam and the whole bunch of them are working the tourists.  Everyone is selling tickets and once they fill a boat, it takes off for the tour.  Now mind you, we had a full boat and a nice ride.  For the price and the amount of time invested in the tour, it worked for us.  We just wanted to get off the ship, over to the pier, take a boat ride around the arch, look through a shop or two and head back to the ship.  Yes, I would do it again.  But, knowing that we have to wait around for the pier guys to sell enough tickets to fill a glass bottom boat.  No glass bottom boat is leaving with just two couples.  Those boats sail full.  One other option they offer is to drop you off at Medano Beach.  We opted to stay on the glass bottom boat while it headed for Medano.  A few folks got off, we stay on and then headed back to the dock.

Thank you for the responses I appreciate your replies. Not looking for pricing for glass bottom boats have done the glass bottom boat a couple of times. I guess maybe my question was not specific or clear enough. 

Looking for pricing on the "all glass boat" tour. I do know that the "all glass boats" are not located in the same area as the regular glass bottom boats.

Again, thanks for your responses.

5 hours ago, looking4info said:

Thank you for the responses I appreciate your replies. Not looking for pricing for glass bottom boats have done the glass bottom boat a couple of times. I guess maybe my question was not specific or clear enough. 

Looking for pricing on the "all glass boat" tour. I do know that the "all glass boats" are not located in the same area as the regular glass bottom boats.

Again, thanks for your responses.

Online it says it's $39 USD per person for 45 minutes. Or you can do a private for $468

• 2 weeks later...

My question is: How is the quality of the viewing in the glass bottom boats? I've read a number of reviews that say the view is pretty horrible and you don't really see much. I've considered doing a glass bottom boat tour - and we will be in Cabo overnight in April - but have hesitated due to the numerous bad reviews.

If anybody has actually done a glass bottom boat tour in Cabo can you please give your honest opinion of the experience and the quality of the viewing?

Thrak, Looking 4 Info (the OP) is distinguishing between the standard "glass bottom boats" and the "all glass boats."  The "all glass boats" have the entire boat transparent, not just a small window in the bottom. 

I think you are asking about the standard "glass-bottom boat".  The standard "glass bottom boat" is a panga with a small well with a glass window inset into the bottom of the hull -- maybe 4 feet by two feet??  For most of the trip, the views through the glass-bottom are pretty bad, but when the boat stops briefly and the captain throws out some food to attract fish, you get a decent view through the window.  

Me, I don't care about the glass-bottom "feature" of the boat.  What I want is the panga ride from the dock out to the Arch and back.  There is a set route:  The Captain always makes a stop by one beach to feed the fish, then another stop to let passengers who want to visit Lovers Beach disembark, a pause by Stinking Seal Lion Rock, a view of the Arch and of Divorce Beach, a stop if there are any passengers who want to visit Medano Beach, and then back to the dock.  I often request a stop by the Puerto Paraiso Mall, which is supposed to trigger an additional $2.50 pp tax.  My wife has requested an extra 30 minute cruise up the coast; I don't recall how much we've paid for this detour, but it was worth it.

Those who disembark at Lovers' Beach or Medano Beach need to climb over the gunwale and wade ashore.  The water is about high-thigh deep, and the waves might knock you down.  I caution parents of children about this.

Lovers' Beach has no services, no vendors.  Although I read on this forum once that someone had brought a cooler to the beach and was selling beverages.

Medano Beach is full service -- restaurants, cafes, bars, massages, jet ski rentals, banana boats, etc., etc.  

From either of these beaches, you supposedly can join up with your boat on a later trip, but I don't know how well this works.  From Medano Beach, I would simply take a land taxi or a pedicab back to the Marina.  

Is the boat trip worth it?  I do this almost every trip to Cabo, first thing after I tender to shore.  So to me, it is worth it.  

• Like 3

On 2/2/2024 at 8:52 PM, Mike45LC said:

Is the boat trip worth it?  I do this almost every trip to Cabo, first thing after I tender to shore.  So to me, it is worth it.  

How much do you usually pay for this? And how often do you see whales?

1 hour ago, decrepit old man said:

How much do you usually pay for this? And how often do you see whales?

This is not a whale watching tour, but just the Arches tour.  I have seen whales only a couple of times on these tours, from a distance.  On a whale watching tour, I think we've always seen whales.

The cost for the Arches tour is usually about $8 to $15 US per person.  Depending on how hard you want to bargain and other factors.  Speak English?  $20!  Speak gringo Spanish?  $15.  Speak Mexican Spanish?  $10.  I used to drive a harder bargain, but when I am spending thousands on a cruise, I can't get excited about bargaining for a few dollars with someone for whom $2 times four passengers means a lot.  

I think the last whale watching tour I took in Mex was about $40 US pp.  Not a drinking party boat, I don't do those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

This is not a whale watching tour, but just the Arches tour.  I have seen whales only a couple of times on these tours, from a distance.  On a whale watching tour, I think we've always seen whales.

The cost for the Arches tour is usually about $8 to $15 US per person.  Depending on how hard you want to bargain and other factors.  Speak English?  $20!  Speak gringo Spanish?  $15.  Speak Mexican Spanish?  $10.  I used to drive a harder bargain, but when I am spending thousands on a cruise, I can't get excited about bargaining for a few dollars with someone for whom $2 times four passengers means a lot.  

I think the last whale watching tour I took in Mex was about $40 US pp.  Not a drinking party boat, I don't do those.

Do the whale watching tours take you to the arch as well?

19 hours ago, decrepit old man said:

Do the whale watching tours take you to the arch as well?

The whale watching tours will not generally stop by the Arch for photo ops the way the Arch tours do, but sailing out of the Cabo harbor, you will see the Arch.  

• Like 1

Just checked out the site for the all glass boat. May decide to do this as we were pretty much at a loss for what to do in Cabo. We've been there before and weren't particularly impressed with what was available at the port.

On 2/6/2024 at 5:38 PM, Mike45LC said:

The whale watching tours will not generally stop by the Arch for photo ops the way the Arch tours do, but sailing out of the Cabo harbor, you will see the Arch.  

The whale watching tours can be booked at the port? Or need to book in advance? The ones online cost $89 US and are 2.5 hours.

On 2/10/2024 at 7:09 PM, decrepit old man said:

The whale watching tours can be booked at the port? Or need to book in advance? The ones online cost $89 US and are 2.5 hours.

If your timing is good, you can book a tour on the docks.  The boats tend to go out at the same time, kind of like a fleet, and if you arrive on the dock after the boats have left, too bad, you've missed the boat.  

I would go on-line to see what time the tours leave, and plan to be on the dock 30 minutes before the tours are scheduled to depart.  

• Like 1