NCL Barcelona Excursions

Heck, I'm still waiting for excursions to show for some ports for an April cruise. First they said they'd be there by final payment date. Nope. Now it always end of next week...

And if you are looking for post-cruise excursions, they are waiting until day 50 to post those for many of their cruises. I was told that's for their convenience, due to the number of people who cancel them after getting their NCL flights.

Not NCL but I would check out Romeinlimo. They have some great tours. Are less expensive. Limited to max 8 people. We are doing a tour to all the highlights in Rome for less than 100 euro a person. We very much enjoyed this tour last time and recommended this company. 

Barcelona has closed the port closest to the city center to some ships, but this does not affect NCL ships as they do not use that pier. If I were you, I'd keep checking back each day as excursions (unless sold out) will appear as they are added to the system. 

If you want to see the excursions typically offered in Barcelona, you can do so at this link: https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions/search?destination=Transatlantic+Cruises%2CMediterranean+Cruises&port=BCN&cid=PS_DIG_NA_PMX_GOO_NA_NA_DESTMED_NA_NA_NAM&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAzJOtBhALEiwAtwj8tqhV3KDd-YfGdivKBTNxQFTprJmdM0rK3HwGD6bnKxvBkF_B_rW4XRoCVvQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Barcelona is an amazing city! You're going to love it! 

Barcelona was the cruise port I was most looking forward to last August 2023.  It was very crowded and hot. 

Now I do not know why the NCL excursions are not showing up, but I would recommend a private tour. (or at least a semi-private tour) 

We used Pepito tours and Jose Sole is the tour guide who responded to us and made arrangements. (He might be the owner) We had a private guide (not Jose, but a knowledgable, fun young woman from Barcelona) and driver. We were able to zip around and beat the crowds. Jose has one of the tours recommended by Rick Steves. We did all things Gaudi, but I think you can customize their tours. They met us at the ship. 

It was fantastic. Our guide even recommended a fabulous tapas restaurant for lunch when we were finished. There was a line waiting to get in and she helped us skip the line and get a great table. We met our son and DIL there for lunch. It was my favorite day on the cruise. I would love to go back there someday. Good luck!

• Like 1