Diamond Tasting Menu Dinner Questions

RichYak

DW and I will be taking our first MSC cruise on Meraviglia in the Yacht Club in March. We are both Diamond via status match.

I know some will recommend to stick with the Yacht Club restaurant, but since we are rookies, I'd like to try the experience. So I gather that we have 2 choices: Butcher's Cut and Ocean Cay Seafood. Is that correct on Meraviglia?

I had no problem finding the BC tasting menu online, but I can't find a link to Ocean Cay's. Can anyone provide a link? EDIT: I just found one so ignore this question.

Last question: any other thoughts or comments that might sway my decision to one over the other?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by RichYak
Self-answered one question

As an alternative, assuming you're referring to having dinner in a speciality, you could book for lunch. 

Or, if you look at the dinner menus and nothing of note appeals, have the concierge book the speciality restaurant. 

Edited by CruisingFox27

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

As an alternative, assuming you're referring to having dinner in a speciality, you could book for lunch. 

Or, if you look at the dinner menus and nothing of note appeals, have the concierge book the speciality restaurant. 

I like the idea of waiting to see the YC dinner menu before booking the Diamond dinner.  We did have a great meal in Ocean Cay last time.  Mussels were excellent

We've sailed Mera 4 times since restart.  Last was October.

Normally we do Diamond at BC for lunch since YC dinner and always menu good.  Last trip, no, not good and go to filet not good over 11 days in YC.

Could use Diamond at Holas too but it is only $17 so why.  BC always good except Cobb salad was bowl of basically green beans this time around.

We actually started checking menu and ate at buffet three nights.  Trying to get last minute reservations at a specialty not going to happen.  Even a couple days in advance a no go despite walking past a restaurant and not very busy.