Ovation of the Seas - UDP

My bf & I are taking a trip to Alaska on the Ovation of the Seas in June. I'm interested in the UDP - however I was curious how necessary reservations are? We are more go with the flow then have every minute scheduled out type of people. Will I not be able to get into any speciality restaurants by booking the evening of or trying to do a walk up?

Just now, lulu00s said:

Will I not be able to get into any specialty restaurants by booking the evening of or trying to do a walk up?

Welcome to CC.

You may not like the time available if you rely on walking in the day of.

1 hour ago, lulu00s said:

Okay, thanks! It sounds like I might need to just book once I'm board and then if it doesn't work later in the week then try to switch times/cancel

We were on Ovation Alaska last year, Specialties were full every night, make your reservations as soon as you board.  Be sure to book the free Northstar times also as soon as you board, every slot was filled on day 2 for the rest of the week. . 

FYI.. they are starting a new program allowing the cruise planner discount dining packages to be booked and reserved before boarding, I think it already started for one of the Oasis Class ships.  Keep checking for updates, someone here on CC will post once things change.

Edited by taglovestocruise

Yikes okay, I'll def do that then! Worse case if we are having fun doing something and don't want to go can just cancel. I just hate the thought of if I'm sitting down enjoying a drink somewhere feeling like I need to rush across the ship for a specific time when I use my vacations to not be on any timeline!

I did see if I purchased each restaurant one off I could book already! However, cost-wise I think it would make more sense to do the UDP. Looking forward to being able to book that in the app!