Booking onboard questions

12 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

So best bet seems to book refundable for $100 and then can change the cruise to nonrefundable for cheaper later if want or cancel and get all back.

Yes, I would agree with this. 

On 1/19/2024 at 2:14 AM, mahdnc said:

The deposit for all non-suite cabins is $100 per person if you book onboard. 

And the deposit for suites? Is it now the same as the online booking price?  I booked a suite on Beyond while I was onboard Edge in March 2023 and deposit was still $100 per person. If that is no longer the case, then I see no benefit to booking a future cruise for a suite while onboard?

13 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

And the deposit for suites? Is it now the same as the online booking price?  I booked a suite on Beyond while I was onboard Edge in March 2023 and deposit was still $100 per person. If that is no longer the case, then I see no benefit to booking a future cruise for a suite while onboard?

Effective Jun 1 of last year, the deposit requirement for suites through the Future Cruises Department is the same as booking online. In most cases 10% deposit is required. So the only benefit for booking onboard is the extra OBC. 

If you purchase a Book Later option for $100 pp and then use it later for a suite, you have to pay the difference for the higher suite deposit so that loophole is gone. 

For more information: link

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

On 1/19/2024 at 9:56 AM, mahdnc said:

. Book Later.  This means you have put your $100 deposit down, but have not identified a sailing to book, but rather you are preserving the option to do so within 6 months.  The Book Later option only allows you to book a non-refundable reservation.  You can't book a refundable reservation.  If you do not find a cruise to apply your Book Later reservation to, you will lose the $100.

Just off the silhouette.  A future cruise agent told me that for the book later option, you have 6months to book a cruise and get the additional OBC bonus for booking onboard. 

She then said you could still book up to 1 year later, but after 6months you lose the additional OBC for booking onboard.

Sorry but I didn't take a flyer so not sure what is officially written.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

Just off the silhouette.  A future cruise agent told me that for the book later option, you have 6months to book a cruise and get the additional OBC bonus for booking onboard. 

She then said you could still book up to 1 year later, but after 6months you lose the additional OBC for booking onboard.

Sorry but I didn't take a flyer so not sure what is officially written.

The current Book Later flyer that is posted on Celebrity's trade website has language consistent with what you posted: 

image.thumb.png.a9570379c3ef000da9627d0bc88401ba.png

I looked at the Book Later form that was included in the Jan 2 2024 issue of the Celebrity Today (Solstice, Singapore to Hong Kong) and the language is different.  It has a 6 month expiration date for the loss of the bonus OBC and the loss of the deposit.  Here is a link to it (see page 6): link.  So that tells me that the new T&Cs language was adopted within the past two weeks.  Thanks for pointing this out.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1