Move Over offers

sns1

Haven't had one in many cruises nor have I heard of any.  I would expect with the advent of the new bid for a cabin program not many good cabins would be left.  Years ago we were offered a move from our aft balcony cabin to a prime mini suite for free - we accepted.  Shortly before the cruise we were offered a full suite for $100pp - we accepted - and it was right next to the aft balcony cabin we had originally booked.  That was the last time for us.  We keep booking that same aft balcony cabin hoping it will happen again 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Think I've only heard of one happening post- restart.  With ships now going out full I wouldn't be surprised if they get into an oversold situation and start offering these again.  It's a great deal when it happens!

• Like 1

We received a Move Over offer in April 2023 for our 14 Night Mediterranean Cruise on the Enchanted.  We took the offer and they  booked us on the same itinerary for late June on the Enchanted.  We received the same accommodations and benefits that we had for the original cruise, a balcony mini-suite specialty dinners, OBC, etc.  It was the best move that we could have made.  Since we had EZ Air the Princess rep rebooked flights for us at no extra charge.  The weather in June was much better than our originally scheduled April cruise and we received our cruise fare back in the form of a check approximately 6 weeks after we got home.  The fare was originally credited to us in the form of refundable OBC, but we didn’t use any of it because we had other OBC.  Thus, the nice check upon our return.  We were very appreciative that the “Move Over Fairy” found us and would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Move over is to a different cruise date, not just moving cabins. 

We've had one of those offers from Carnival once. If the cruise-line has oversold the number of cabins. They can be attractive (for those that live nearby and can be flexible on travel)!! 🙂