Canada Place to Amtrak Cascades

TMLAalum

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

6 am arrival in Vancouver (previous port stop is Victoria)

Train departs 7:15 am

If we self-disembark is this makable?

Not likely. One tiny thing will (for lack of a better term) derail this plan. Once you are off the ship you are still a 10-15 minute ride over to the station. 

Even if the ship arrives on time at 6am you won't be shore side with the first group until at least 630-45. A few minutes to find a car and load up etc and you are basically arriving at the station at departure time (if things go smoothly). Sure, there could be a tiny outside chance you could pull it off but everything would have to go perfectly to do it (or the ship arrives early) and you'll be running the whole time. 

Hi Barb. Hope you remember us (Wendy&Jay) from the 2011 cruise.  I still have fond memories of the excursions you booked for the group!

If you decide to spend any time post cruise in town or take the later train, it would be my pleasure to give you two a ride or show you around town if you're looking to do some sightseeing.  We're only 20mins away from Canada Place and are regularly down there.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Milhouse said:

Hi Barb. Hope you remember us (Wendy&Jay) from the 2011 cruise.  I still have fond memories of the excursions you booked for the group!

If you decide to spend any time post cruise in town or take the later train, it would be my pleasure to give you two a ride or show you around town if you're looking to do some sightseeing.  We're only 20mins away from Canada Place and are regularly down there.  

Hello Wendy and Jay!

I do remember you both and especially the tour to the Embera village via canoe.

Fred is leaning toward flying to Portland on a 1:30 flight so if we choose that option, we would have the morning to get together depending on your schedules. Is Wendy's email still *****_** at telus? I took a gamble to see if either of you were still showing up on my netscape email.

Will be in touch!

Barb

18 hours ago, inar said:

Nope.  CBSA doesn’t board to clear the ship til 7 am.  

Which is fine but why would CBSA need to board and clear the ship if it is coming in from Victoria? Not saying the OP has a chance of making the train (I personally wouldn't try) but it would be a domestic arrival. 

4 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Hello Wendy and Jay!

I do remember you both and especially the tour to the Embera village via canoe.

Fred is leaning toward flying to Portland on a 1:30 flight so if we choose that option, we would have the morning to get together depending on your schedules. Is Wendy's email still *****_** at telus? I took a gamble to see if either of you were still showing up on my netscape email.

Will be in touch!

Barb

Sounds wonderful.

The email address looks right.  Will look for a message from you there.  

28 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Which is fine but why would CBSA need to board and clear the ship if it is coming in from Victoria? Not saying the OP has a chance of making the train (I personally wouldn't try) but it would be a domestic arrival. 

Yes.  They would and you need go through CBSA during disembark.  They don’t do customs in Victoria.  The ship is considering in transit.  

• Like 1

@Milhouse

Fred & I decided that flying from YVR to PDX was the best option after all.

Our flight departs at 1:30 pm on 5/10. IDK if this fits your schedule or not. I did send an email to the address I thought was yours but maybe not. Mine is beejaybeeohio at netscape dot net. Hope to hear from you!

Barb

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

@Milhouse

Fred & I decided that flying from YVR to PDX was the best option after all.

Our flight departs at 1:30 pm on 5/10. IDK if this fits your schedule or not. I did send an email to the address I thought was yours but maybe not. Mine is beejaybeeohio at netscape dot net. Hope to hear from you!

Barb

Sorry for the late reply, Barb!  Just emailed you back.  Was out all day Saturday enjoying the Canucks beating up on the Leafs.  

Yes that quite the hockey game. I was there selling 50/50 tickets and was joking before the game that if you wanted to silence the Leafs fans all you had to do was score three fast ones on them - well that did happen but we let them back into the game but ended up victorious after the big stars woke up in the 3rd period.