Princess Promotions lock out

Kira KH

Hi everyone,

I’ll preface this by saying I’m asking for my parents, so I don’t have all of the details/information.

My parents purchased a package through princess promotions in November. This included cruise credit, air credit, hotel credit, hotel discounts, free hotel nights, and on board credit. The salesperson who sold them the package booked the cruise for them, which sails in 21 days. Since purchasing this package, my parents have been locked out of princess promotions. They cannot log in and see cruise details, access the cruise planner, see their credits, etc. We can see that they’re booked on the cruise when they log in through princess.com, but they’re locked out of accessing anything that they purchased. My mom has been calling princess regularly and at this point, almost daily. She keeps being shuffled around to different IT and customer service reps. She’s being told that this is a known issue (the inability to log in) and there’s nothing they can do.

At this point, they’ve purchased their airfare on their own (not using the credits they’ve already paid for) because they needed to finalize those details. 

They can’t check in, they can’t book excursions (and they’ll only have the option of whatever is left at this point), they can’t purchase a wifi package - they literally can’t do anything to prepare for this cruise. In addition, the money that they’ve already paid is essentially being held hostage - they can’t access it, can’t see it, and can’t use it. It’s been two months of this with no resolution.

I’ve reached out to the names listed on the Elliot Report website to no avail. No response and no action taken. Does anyone have any idea what they should do or who we can contact to get some movement here? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Kira KH said:

Hi everyone,

I’ll preface this by saying I’m asking for my parents, so I don’t have all of the details/information.

My parents purchased a package through princess promotions in November. This included cruise credit, air credit, hotel credit, hotel discounts, free hotel nights, and on board credit. The salesperson who sold them the package booked the cruise for them, which sails in 21 days. Since purchasing this package, my parents have been locked out of princess promotions. They cannot log in and see cruise details, access the cruise planner, see their credits, etc. We can see that they’re booked on the cruise when they log in through princess.com, but they’re locked out of accessing anything that they purchased. My mom has been calling princess regularly and at this point, almost daily. She keeps being shuffled around to different IT and customer service reps. She’s being told that this is a known issue (the inability to log in) and there’s nothing they can do.

At this point, they’ve purchased their airfare on their own (not using the credits they’ve already paid for) because they needed to finalize those details. 

They can’t check in, they can’t book excursions (and they’ll only have the option of whatever is left at this point), they can’t purchase a wifi package - they literally can’t do anything to prepare for this cruise. In addition, the money that they’ve already paid is essentially being held hostage - they can’t access it, can’t see it, and can’t use it. It’s been two months of this with no resolution.

I’ve reached out to the names listed on the Elliot Report website to no avail. No response and no action taken. Does anyone have any idea what they should do or who we can contact to get some movement here? Thanks!

Did they purchase travel insurance?

20 minutes ago, Kira KH said:

I believe they did purchase insurance, but it was through princess promotions and they’re unable to access any of the information on it. 

Customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Princess Instagram message function 

website feedback at bottom of Princess contact page

I have used these options to successfully get through to someone 

I don’t know anyone who have booked through Princess Promotion, but it is on their website, so ask for a Supervisor to escalate this matter.

I’ve recently had major issues with their website & app, but it was fixed quickly.

phoning Princess can be frustrating 

good luck

keep paper copies of everything 

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

So sorry to hear this has happened to your parents.  I hope it all works out in the end.  This is a perfect example of why we the cruiser/consumer need to be aware of this promotion and we should think very seriously before buying into it.  If it were not for CC I likely would never have known about this, though my skeptical self would have been very leary if I had such an offer made to me. 

• Like 1

Hi @Kira KH, the price of WiFi alone and the Plus and Premier packages are the same whether you purchase pre cruise or on day 1 or 2 so no loss there on not being able to lock those in.

I would think the princess promo people should be able to get into your parents cruise booking and let you know what shore excursions are available. Else I would have asked them to redo the booking! Since they know your parents are locked out, and it is the ‘systems’ issue, ask them to cancel and rebook so hopefully a new booking will not have the ‘lock out’ issues?

As you have noted, you are passing info for your parents booking and info sounds like it is missing, so I wish you well and hope it gets sorted. Since your parents are locked out and could not use their EZAir credits, has Princess promotions offered any compensation?

Anyone, even if not booked can see what flights EZAir is offering for a Princess sailing by just pulling up the sailing and checking flight quotes. Too late now, but this is what your parents should have done and if they saw flights offered in EZAir they would have booked, screenshot it and tell Princess promotion to have the EZAir department book this for them and add it to their booking and then manually have the EZAir credits applied. Yes, your parents particular booking is locked out from viewing , but anyone can pull up a Princess sailing and view what shore excursions or EZAir flights are available.

Unfortunately your parents have been getting the runaround and should have been more forceful in having a supervisor or manager step in and get EZAir or other cruise planner items added. 

Edited by wallyj

Thank you for your reply Wally. Part of the problem is the credits. Yes, they could book on their own, but can’t access air credits or on board credits. They paid out a lot of money up front and it’s now just locked away.

Princess has offered no compensation or solution. They just saw it’s a known issue and they’re working on it.

i guess I’m trying to find other avenues to get this resolved. Emailing a few of their VPs has done nothing, asking for this to be escalated has done nothing. I’m not sure what else to do here to help them unlock their money.

• Like 1

Oh boy, sounds like someone got swindled into this mess (many threads about it, this is just one):

Best of luck trying to get your parents money back let alone anything in writing.

• Like 1

I feel for your parents.  Princess Promotions has been around for a while now.  Yet, not much is mentioned (pros/cons) on Cruise Critic.  I am still waiting to hear from those folks who were able to take advantage of all the great offerings.  But no reports.

Good luck to your parents.  Amazing, I get the same message from Princess agents.  IT knows, is working on it, but don't know when it will be fixed.  In the meantime, I am unable to do simple searches on their website.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kira KH said:

Thank you for your reply Wally. Part of the problem is the credits. Yes, they could book on their own, but can’t access air credits or on board credits. They paid out a lot of money up front and it’s now just locked away.

Princess has offered no compensation or solution. They just saw it’s a known issue and they’re working on it.

i guess I’m trying to find other avenues to get this resolved. Emailing a few of their VPs has done nothing, asking for this to be escalated has done nothing. I’m not sure what else to do here to help them unlock their money.

Sorry you are not making sense to me. Yes, I understand your parents are locked out of the booking. But if Princess promotions knows how much OBC/credits are attached to the ‘package’ your parents purchase, and they know the booking cannot be accessed by your parents, as I have noted, anyone can easily see the current shore excursions, EZAir flights by just going to Princess.com and pulling up the sailing. If your parents see something they want to ‘add’, take a screenshot and call Princess promotions to add to your parents booking. So yes your parents cannot do this themselves, but I can not believe a supervisor/manager can not manually add these items, otherwise start over with a new booking ! 

My understanding the company managing Princess promotions is ONE, the same company Princess has hired that has taken over doing Future Cruise/Loyalty on the ships. Not certain, but it is my understanding. So if they are selling it, they are responsible for its administration. 

• Like 2

Edited by Kira KH
  • Like 1

Princess will not apply the credits for my parents. They’ve been told they need to pay out of pocket until the system issues resolve.

Edited by Kira KH
Replied in the wrong place
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Sorry you are not making sense to me. Yes, I understand your parents are locked out of the booking. But if Princess promotions knows how much OBC/credits are attached to the ‘package’ your parents purchase, and they know the booking cannot be accessed by your parents, as I have noted, anyone can easily see the current shore excursions, EZAir flights by just going to Princess.com and pulling up the sailing. If your parents see something they want to ‘add’, take a screenshot and call Princess promotions to add to your parents booking. So yes your parents cannot do this themselves, but I can not believe a supervisor/manager can not manually add these items, otherwise start over with a new booking ! 

My understanding the company managing Princess promotions is ONE, the same company Princess has hired that has taken over doing Future Cruise/Loyalty on the ships. Not certain, but it is my understanding. So if they are selling it, they are responsible for its administration. 

I apologize for not making sense. This whole thing doesn’t make sense. To answer your question, though, yes, an agent could book the wifi or the flights, but they will not use the credits. Apparently because it’s locked, they will not apply the credit for my parents. For airfare, they quoted my parents prices and told them they’d have to pay out of pocket. My parents declined and booked on their own outside of Princess. Still had to pay out of pocket, but got a better flight.

i agree that they’re responsible for the administration. That’s the problem - they’re not taking responsibility. They keep pushing it off and saying it’s a known issue.

• Like 2

OBC. On-board credits can only be used once on the ship.  Except excursions may be booked precruise online through the personalizer.

Do your parents use the App to see their book and travel summary ?  It can be viewed in the Princess website.

12 minutes ago, Kira KH said:

I apologize for not making sense. This whole thing doesn’t make sense. To answer your question, though, yes, an agent could book the wifi or the flights, but they will not use the credits. Apparently because it’s locked, they will not apply the credit for my parents. For airfare, they quoted my parents prices and told them they’d have to pay out of pocket. My parents declined and booked on their own outside of Princess. Still had to pay out of pocket, but got a better flight.

i agree that they’re responsible for the administration. That’s the problem - they’re not taking responsibility. They keep pushing it off and saying it’s a known issue.

I believe that the program your parents signed up with, is run by Open Network Exchange, Scottsdale, AZ.

I did find a posting on google reviews for that company where someone gave a bad review about their inability to get a response on a booked package.  The company's response  told the person to contact CKUDLICKI@Princesscruises.com.  You might try that e-mail with a description of the problems your parents are running into in trying to access their credits.

Edited by TRLD
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dog said:

OBC. On-board credits can only be used once on the ship.  Except excursions may be booked precruise online through the personalizer.

Do your parents use the App to see their book and travel summary ?  It can be viewed in the Princess website.

No - my dad has a work phone that he’s unable to download apps on and my mom has tried and is locked out of the app. They can view the cruise on the princess website when they log in. When they try to use the personalizer or cruise planner, they receive an error code.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRLD said:

I believe that the program your parents signed up with, is run by Open Network Exchange, Scottsdale, AZ.

I did find a posting on google reviews for that company where someone gave a bad review about their inability to get a response on a booked package.  The company's response  told the person to contact CKUDLICKI@Princesscruises.com.  You might try that e-mail with a description of the problems your parents are running into in trying to access their credits.

Excellent information.

10 hours ago, TRLD said:

Thank you for this info. I’ve reached out to this email and am hoping for a reply. 

Unfortunately, I had the same issue. I was locked out of the Princess Promotions site for about 6 months. The CVP that sold the package to me was unable/uninterested in resolving this issue. He told me that many of his Canadian customers had this issue.  I had already used the credit for my cruise last summer, but had some hotel credits I wanted to use this past summer. After much back and forth with the Princess CVP he managed to connect me with a person who resolved this issue for me. What she had me do was:

1. Clear cookies and cache on the computer

2. Be on Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge preferably ( I managed to get this to work on Safari)

3. Take everything out of the address bar and manually put in www.ca.princesspromotions.com

4. Log in to your account

This worked for me so I hope it will be of some use to your parents.  Best of luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

Have you tried calling Princess Promotions? Not Princess Cruise Lines. Princess Promotions is a division of the ONE company, not Princess.

Yes. I have emailed and called personally, as has my mom. They are all contractors with princess email addresses, but they work for a company called Open Network Exchange. They’re the ones giving us the run around. When we call princess, they transfer us to them. No one will take accountability here.

4 hours ago, SROLC said:

Unfortunately, I had the same issue. I was locked out of the Princess Promotions site for about 6 months. The CVP that sold the package to me was unable/uninterested in resolving this issue. He told me that many of his Canadian customers had this issue.  I had already used the credit for my cruise last summer, but had some hotel credits I wanted to use this past summer. After much back and forth with the Princess CVP he managed to connect me with a person who resolved this issue for me. What she had me do was:

1. Clear cookies and cache on the computer

2. Be on Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge preferably ( I managed to get this to work on Safari)

3. Take everything out of the address bar and manually put in www.ca.princesspromotions.com

4. Log in to your account

This worked for me so I hope it will be of some use to your parents.  Best of luck!

Excellent information. Thanks for sharing!

On 1/18/2024 at 5:08 PM, Kira KH said:

Yes. I have emailed and called personally, as has my mom. They are all contractors with princess email addresses, but they work for a company called Open Network Exchange. They’re the ones giving us the run around. When we call princess, they transfer us to them. No one will take accountability here.

That sucks!