Live: Experienced cruisers try Celebrity 14 day cruise to Antartica on the Eclipse

jimbo5544

Your pictures are the same Montevideo that I remember. We also had a beautiful sunny day to enjoy this city. When returning to Buenos Aires, our flight home was not due to depart until early evening. We booked a ships' tour of the city which included a two-hour Argentinian Tango show with lunch. A wonderful show and delicious food made for a great finale to this Antarctica cruise. Nice job in presenting your travels for others to enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Your pictures are the same Montevideo that I remember. We also had a beautiful sunny day to enjoy this city. When returning to Buenos Aires, our flight home was not due to depart until early evening. We booked a ships' tour of the city which included a two-hour Argentinian Tango show with lunch. A wonderful show and delicious food made for a great finale to this Antarctica cruise. Nice job in presenting your travels for others to enjoy. 

Thanks.  We have a tour tomorrow as well.  To be honest, I cannot remember what it was.  Will report in that as well tho.   

• Haha 1

I mentioned we were doing an X tour that would take us on the tour and drop us at the airport.  We were on a city tour and Tigre river boat tour.  On e out of the terminal they tool our bags (hope we get to see them again) and they loaded into a box truck which left.  

Our group, number 26 was told we could go out and there was an open slot in the middle of the parked idling busses.  Our bus tried to get in many times and could not.  This was complicated (significantly) by cars parked behind where the buses pulled in.  This then became further complicated  by cars picking up passengers in this area.  Busses trying to back up (to get our bus in), busses trying to leave,  cars screwing it all up more.  All while it was very warm.  This continued for about 45 minutes. Kind of made the embarkation look calm.  

big sigh 

Thank you for your posts,  they have been very informative and helpful.  We are onboard the Eclipse now starting the same itinerary.   Embarkations was fine,  though with many steps: drop off luggage->bus->check in->bus->board ship.  Was worried since there were many complaints, but it all went smoothly.

On 1/19/2024 at 1:10 PM, jimbo5544 said:

So I have been around here a long time, over 60 cruises and over 65 cruises and over 50 on Carnival.  Time for something new and this fit the bill perfectly.  Please join my bride and me for the voyage. 

Looking forward to catching up. Our last ten cruises have been on Carnival. Haven’t cruised Celebrity since early 90’s, but will sail on the Eclipse this summer.

Edited by fair-winds39
Catching up
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NY Cruiser q said:

Thank you for your posts,  they have been very informative and helpful.  We are onboard the Eclipse now starting the same itinerary.   Embarkations was fine,  though with many steps: drop off luggage->bus->check in->bus->board ship.  Was worried since there were many complaints, but it all went smoothly.

Your welcome.  Enjoy your cruise!