Adventure of the Seas Excursion

Has anyone done this excursion to Emerald Beach? I would love to know how your experience went. It starts at noon and we dock early at 7AM so I was thinking about walking to the Sky Ride from port or taking a local taxi to see Blackbeards Castle and some pirate statues. Suggestions super welcome!

Screenshot_20240119-151640.png

Is this "beach escape" simply transportation to the beach, plus a lounge chair and umbrella? If so you can do this for a much lower price if you go there on your own by taxi. Taxi fare is about $6 per person each way. You can rent lounge chairs and umbrellas on your own and there are taxis waiting to take you back to the ship. How much does the excursion cost?

Plus you can go when you want and return to the ship when you want. You could even take a taxi to Blackbeard Castle and from there go straight to the beach. 

Royal ships typically dock at Crown Bay. I doubt you'll be walking to the SkyRide.

I was just there 2 weeks ago. Very well run taxi/tour services at the port gate herding people into different open air vehicles going to the various different beaches. Also available are combo island tours with beach time that you should look in to. They will arrange to pick up at specific time if you wish.

Emerald Bay two loungers + umbrella = $25

We opted to walk back to the ship for a bit of exercise. The walk was not difficult and no more than 25 minutes to the gangway. A $6pp each way shared "taxi" (open air bus) would be 3-4 minutes tops.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Is this "beach escape" simply transportation to the beach, plus a lounge chair and umbrella? If so you can do this for a much lower price if you go there on your own by taxi. Taxi fare is about $6 per person each way. You can rent lounge chairs and umbrellas on your own and there are taxis waiting to take you back to the ship. How much does the excursion cost?

Plus you can go when you want and return to the ship when you want. You could even take a taxi to Blackbeard Castle and from there go straight to the beach. 

I was going to say this same thing. 

• Like 1