How do I buy an internet package once onboard with OBC?

newbie202020

Hi, I have never sailed Cunard before. Was wondering if I need to line up at the purser's desk or can I buy using MyCunard website once onboard (QE) using the regular OBC (no special membership)? I want to use OBC to pay for internet and won't buy prior to boarding.

Also, is it possible to negotiate the entire voyage internet price with the purser's desk? If they are charging the same price as the online price, then it's not worth it for me to line up. Thanks!

Here is a general description of the process from the Cunard FAQ to purchase an internet package once on board from the device you will be using to connect to the internet. Purchasing a package on board will be charged to your on board account to use your OBC.

(Q) How do I connect to the Wi-Fi on board?

(A) On our ships, you can connect to the Wi-Fi with almost any internet-enabled device. 

• Activate the Wi-Fi on your device, then select 'Guest Wi-Fi' from the list of available networks.

• Once connected, an automated page should appear and you can select 'click here' to direct you to the cunard Guest Wi-Fi log in page. Alternatively, open your internet browser and visit "internet.cunard.com", which is the Cunard Guest Wi-Fi login page.

• If you’re connecting for the first time, you’ll need to select Register, then enter some personal details, including a memorable username and a 4-digit PIN.

• Once registered, you’ll be shown details of any internet plan you’ve purchased, along with any upgrade options.

• If you haven’t yet purchased internet access, you can select your preferred plan on this page. Any purchases or upgrades will be charged to your on board account.

• Confirm you wish to connect your device to your chosen internet plan, and you’ll be able to begin browsing.

Alternatively, you can browse our free Cunard websites (and our on board planner, My Voyage) without logging in at all.

====================

I have not heard of any way to negotiate the price of the package. It is what it is.

If you are planning to purchase the entire voyage package rather than purchasing individual 24 hour blocks as you go (for a higher price), one tip I'll offer is that you will probably have a terrestrial connection to the internet on your cell phone for most of the first day while you are in port and for some time while you are leaving port. You might want to consider deferring your purchase of the entire voyage package until your second day. You will only be charged for the remaining days of your voyage that way and will avoid the charge on the first day.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2