Regal Princess Port or Starboard side

beshears

We are planning on doing a Western cruise on the Regal next month. I'm just "curious."  If you have been on the Regal doing a Western cruise, did you find one way or another, that being on the Port or Starboard side was better than the other? If so, why?

16 minutes ago, beshears said:

We are planning on doing a Western cruise on the Regal next month. I'm just "curious."  If you have been on the Regal doing a Western cruise, did you find one way or another, that being on the Port or Starboard side was better than the other? If so, why?

Haven't experienced any difference myself. And I personally don't care if I see the port while in my cabin. And even then, ships can change how they dock depending on the tides, or authorities, etc. 

Belize is a tender port, makes no difference. Cozumel, occasionally have had the ship "back" in, while other times it's been nose into the pier, so to speak. So, different sides facing land.. and Mahogany Bay, generally is backed in - with port side to the pier, but starboard has a view of the hills.. and, it can vary there also - if you end up at Coxen Hole, if memory serves, it's nose (last time was with MSC, been a long time since CH with Princess)..  

And as it's round-trip - Sun will be setting one side on the way out, other side the way back..

Any sights to see while in port or such, I'm on deck anyways ... Enjoy.  Regal is one of my favorite ships... 

• Like 1

Beshears, just looked at a picture that I took from the pier when I was on the Sky Princess while we were in Cozumel and we were in a port side cabin (left side) and Sky was facing the built up cruise market / shopping area and the pier.  But that is no guarantee that each port in the Western itinerary will have the left side facing the pier.

Tldr: not much difference.

I would write off the port days as far as side of the ship is concerned. Instead, consider the travel days, which are north-south in direction. You'll have two traveling south, and one north on this itinerary.

Do you prefer morning or afternoon sun on your balcony? 

If you prefer morning, pick the port side, which is to the left hand side of the vessel's forward motion. You'll get two sunrises and one sunset while going south. If you prefer afternoon, go starboard.