OBC & Specialty Dining

We have a large OBC and I wondered if I can book specialty dining before we sail and then cancel & rebook it when on board and use my OBC?  My concern is the times I want not being available once I am on board.  My biggest complaint with HAL is you can’t use OBC to book pre-cruise. 

Thanks.  

28 minutes ago, Skicruiser55 said:

We have a large OBC and I wondered if I can book specialty dining before we sail and then cancel & rebook it when on board and use my OBC?  My concern is the times I want not being available once I am on board.  My biggest complaint with HAL is you can’t use OBC to book pre-cruise. 

Thanks.  

Yes you can.  I did last cruise thanks to other CC members’ posts.

I booked and then went to Guest Services and requested that they credit my credit card and charge the dining to my OBC.  I had the print outs confirming the booking to be on the safe side.

Note - I originally went to the specialty dining podium and they directed me to Guest Services.  It took a day or two but it happened.

• Like 3

Do not cancel your paid reservations, instead keep them until you are onboard. 

Request a refund of your prepaid reservation funds at Guest Services and funds will be refunded to your "non-refundable" OBC account.  Since Guest Services cannot change reservation dates/times, enjoy your Specialty Restaurant dinner at your originally reserved date/time and your meal will be charged to your "non-refundable" OBC. 

Whatever "refundable" OBC funds you have not spent during the cruise will be returned to the credit card used to purchase the prepaid meals.

The above process was utilized by hundreds of Ms Nieuw Amsterdam passengers last October when everyone received $250 in "refundable" OBC for a cruise delay.  Guest Services had quite a long line the first two cruise days with passengers requesting refunds.

• Like 1