Hiroshima - which dock

Ketut

Yes I did, but it wasn't specific, it just says Hiroshima  port, not which of the two docks we would be birthed at.  I tried phoning celebrity but they only gave me the itinerary not the actual berth we would be docked at.  I have put a call in to my TA and am awaiting a response.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 10:22 PM, Ketut said:

Yes I did, but it wasn't specific, it just says Hiroshima  port, not which of the two docks we would be birthed at.  I tried phoning celebrity but they only gave me the itinerary not the actual berth we would be docked at.  I have put a call in to my TA and am awaiting a response.

hi did you get a response from celebrity about this? We're on this cruise too, and would be good to know. Thanks 

Yes, I did.  They are saying it will be Ujina foreign trade port.   To save time we have decided to take a taxi to Miyajima ferry, to give us more time on the island and return on the fast ferry which docks next to the peace dome to spend time in the memorial garden and then return to the ship on the underground which takes 33 minutes with a short walk back to the port.

1 hour ago, Ketut said:

Yes, I did.  They are saying it will be Ujina foreign trade port.   To save time we have decided to take a taxi to Miyajima ferry, to give us more time on the island and return on the fast ferry which docks next to the peace dome to spend time in the memorial garden and then return to the ship on the underground which takes 33 minutes with a short walk back to the port.

Would appreciate you posting how it goes after your cruise as we were considering doing something similar. TIA.

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Konichiwa!

The Hiroshima port currently lists Itsukaichi dock for this cruise, as it does for every docking of the Millennium. Here is a link to the current 2024 port schedule. Look for the date and ship and plug that row into google translate.

Here's the output:

33 Celebrity Millennium 2024/7/19 Fri 13:00 2024/7/19 Fri 22:00

Itsukaichi-11m, -12m quay

My TOTAL GUESS is that there is a shuttle bus between the ship and Itsukaichi Station.

I'm on this itinerary leaving next week. I'll try and report back.

Edited by scorfman
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scorfman said:

Konichiwa!

The Hiroshima port currently lists Itsukaichi dock for this cruise, as it does for every docking of the Millennium. Here is a link to the current 2024 port schedule. Look for the date and ship and plug that row into google translate.

Here's the output:

My TOTAL GUESS is that there is a shuttle bus between the ship and Itsukaichi Station.

Last September we were on a different cruiseline but stopped at the same Hiroshima pier. For us there was a free shuttle bus to the nearest train station. We bought tickets right at the station into Hiroshima city center. Having previously done the Peace Park/memorial and museum we wanted to see other things in Hiroshima. We went to a contemporary arts museum and then right outside of the museum is a wonderful park right in the middle of the city. We then had a great lunch in a nice restaurant in one of the department stores. It was a great day in Hiroshima. 

Screenshot_20240422-135958.png

image.jpg

original_932a85c6-d646-444d-a1e1-c57248c178fd_PXL_20231001_020015117.jpg

original_3f1536cb-6676-4cad-9547-6ab99ac5b7c8_PXL_20231001_015926437.MP.jpg

image.jpg

original_48e681ab-3ac2-4bc1-9e5f-b2b5c77228fc_PXL_20231001_020717648.jpg

image.jpg

original_b5a971b2-0bc1-4f7c-b21a-948f3d4e1c6a_PXL_20231001_040925382.MP.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 10:34 AM, scorfman said:

Konichiwa!

Here's the output:

we are on the October 6 Millenium sailing--so can you also find out which port we will be at.

5 hours ago, 1000villa said:

we are on the October 6 Millenium sailing--so can you also find out which port we will be at.

Keep checking the link in the message you quoted.  It gets updated the closer you get to your cruise.  However, you should plan on being at the Itsukaichi dock since that is where Millennium is shown as docking on all her cruises to Hiroshima. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Keep checking the link in the message you quoted.  It gets updated the closer you get to your cruise.  However, you should plan on being at the Itsukaichi dock since that is where Millennium is shown as docking on all her cruises to Hiroshima. 

Thanks