Can they program Medallions to open two different rooms?

w@ntonsoup

We're traveling with our kids, and booking 1 adult and 1 kid per room but planning on letting the kids have one room (ages 12 and 14, they are great and trustworthy and if we say "don't leave the room without us", they won't).

But because Princess isn't keen on connecting rooms, we're booking two rooms next to each other and we'll all need access to both rooms.  Can they do that with the Medallions? 

I've never cruised Princess (and haven't cruised at all in a decade) so I'm not up on the new technology,  Thanks!

Yes, just head to guest services when you board and explain the situation.  It took 5 minutes to get it set up.  We had the same set up on a cruise in the summer of 2022 and it worked really well.  It was really convenient once it was set up - I could pop into their room anytime (and we also gave them access to our room so they could find us).  We're planning to do it again this coming summer.

Edited by zyx2008
typo

Princess does have connecting staterooms, you just have to be crafty when booking your cabin. It's best done thru a TA since it can be tricky. But when you go to select a cabin during booking - you will see a note that says Cabin connects to "XXX" cabin when you click the cabin you want. That way you could book both simultaneously.

As to your question about the Medallions opening 2 rooms, yes, they can be programmed to open multiple cabins. Guest services can do this for you once you're on board.

Yes, on the deck plans, when you pull them up, look for the place, on the left side center, where it says, show connecting cabins.  This should show when you are looking at any deck that has staterooms on it.

Of course, finding a suitable pair available, the way Princess has lost their mind with their evil and over-controlling system that only shows 'certain' rooms available.    (and often these are every-other-room in a section...  so connecting does not even show possible....)

That is an additional problem all together.

29 minutes ago, w@ntonsoup said:

We're traveling with our kids, and booking 1 adult and 1 kid per room but planning on letting the kids have one room (ages 12 and 14, they are great and trustworthy and if we say "don't leave the room without us", they won't).

But because Princess isn't keen on connecting rooms, we're booking two rooms next to each other and we'll all need access to both rooms.  Can they do that with the Medallions? 

I've never cruised Princess (and haven't cruised at all in a decade) so I'm not up on the new technology,  Thanks!

You can also have the balcony partition opened and your rooms will connect via the balcony. The only balcony rooms which don't do this are when a new block of rooms start. All the 100's connect, then 200's, 300's and so forth. You can't connect a 200 to a 300 room. We leave the balcony lights on also, so you can easily go back and forth at nighttime. 

Yes, we have our medallions programmed to open the door to our kids cabin too.

Edited by startedwithamouse