Mini fridge

• RogBus101 changed the title to Mini fridge

In my experience, the fridges in the rooms don’t get very cold – even if the cabinet door is left open.  I don’t know, but I suspect they are thermoelectric units rather than compressor models.  Maybe they do this to keep costs down or because thermoelectric fridges are quieter or maybe because they require less maintenance.

If I want to chill a beer or wine below cool, I use an ice bucket.  Hope you have a great cruise.
Tim

I have had a similar experience with the fridges not being cold, regardless of the cabinet door. However , I was surprised on the Glory last week. The fridge actually kept beer and soft drinks cold. I would look at this being the exception not the rule. Prepare to keep your ice bucket filled.

I was on the Paradise in September .the fridge kept my water cold enough to suit me. It's probably going to be hit or miss like anything else. If the fridge doesn't suit you I guess you can bribe the cabin Stewart into bringing you ice. If you don't drink room temperature beer you are not a true alcoholic anyway.. I'm sure the alcoholics will chime in and correct me.

Our fridge was cold enough to keep my ice pack FROZEN the entire 5 day trip! The water we put in it was quit cold. Room attendant will provide a bucket of ice anytime.

You can ask your room steward for a wine chiller bucket and keep that full of ice in the fridge. Not only will the fridge stay plenty cool, but the ice will last at least a couple day without melting.  The regular ice bucket will also work, but it takes up much more room in the already small fridge.

20230924_085212.thumb.jpg.877bec797d5b157572348aaed6b7c098.jpg.4d8e8ebe092fb607219df38f8c54421f.jpg

20230924_105040.thumb.jpg.d52c846a0065a69649127ea4b043873a.jpg.e4be9a1289740eab1d175657851c04d3.jpg

The wine chiller buckets are taller than the regular ice buckets, so you have to adjust the shelves accordingly, but I still think the smaller diameter worked better.  Also, the wine chillers don't have lids.

Make sure you let your room steward know that the ice is in the fridge so he knows to check inside to refill it.

• Like 1

great idea with the ice in the cooler as addition. Those are hit and miss. 

Worth looking for thermostat in those as well. usually of top or "roof" of fridge. 

Last week on Pride, some of the soda were frozen. But had one on celebration that was only about 55-60 deg. 

It is hit and miss for sure

• Like 1

Venezia in Sept fridge worked very well. We weren't able to get an ice bucket, but brought a collapsible cooler just in case; Steward kept it full.

We used the cold fridge and ice - sister has to have her ice.