Princess package inclusion for us Aussies?

Just doing some math re should I or shouldn't I on an upcomming overseas Princess cruise (to/from LA), and was looking for confirmation as to whether gratuties will be included in the plus or premier package paying the AUD$ amount.

I can see on the US site it's included in the list for the $60US p/day etc, but can't see it in the AUD $65 p/day. Found it fiendishly difficult looking for confirmation on this, as on most sites, reviews and threads all I can find tend to steer back to the "to/from Australia port inclusions for gratuties, or in some cases seem to be not quite accurate on the detail. 

Anyone actually put this to the test?

Gratuities aren't included in the packages for overseas cruises bought in Australia. We had to pay them as extra on our Japan cruise last year. However the US package costs US$60 which is around AU$91 at the current exchange rate. Our Plus package costs AU$65 so even adding on the daily gratuity you're winning on the deal. Also you should get a prepayment option for the gratuities and that usually works out a bit cheaper as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lanwood said:

Just doing some math re should I or shouldn't I on an upcomming overseas Princess cruise (to/from LA), and was looking for confirmation as to whether gratuties will be included in the plus or premier package paying the AUD$ amount.

I can see on the US site it's included in the list for the $60US p/day etc, but can't see it in the AUD $65 p/day. Found it fiendishly difficult looking for confirmation on this, as on most sites, reviews and threads all I can find tend to steer back to the "to/from Australia port inclusions for gratuties, or in some cases seem to be not quite accurate on the detail. 

Anyone actually put this to the test?

It has been mentioned here frequently, but most likely as part of other conversations.

Julie is 100% correct. The plus package for $AU65 per day does not include daily grats, regardless of where you cruise. In Oz, they are included in the base fare. For the rest of the world, they are not included in the base fare and are added daily to your onboard account.

14 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Gratuities aren't included in the packages for overseas cruises bought in Australia. We had to pay them as extra on our Japan cruise last year. However the US package costs US$60 which is around AU$91 at the current exchange rate. Our Plus package costs AU$65 so even adding on the daily gratuity you're winning on the deal. Also you should get a prepayment option for the gratuities and that usually works out a bit cheaper as well.

Thanks for that OzKiwiJJ.

That's what I was thinking based on what literature I could find, but glad to hear it from someone who has put the "updated" package to the test.

(PS I think the last time you responded to a thread of mine was my Princess Japanese toilet seat review on Diamond's inaugural Japanese sailing in 2014 after her refit. How time fly's).

55 minutes ago, Lanwood said:

Thanks for that OzKiwiJJ.

That's what I was thinking based on what literature I could find, but glad to hear it from someone who has put the "updated" package to the test.

(PS I think the last time you responded to a thread of mine was my Princess Japanese toilet seat review on Diamond's inaugural Japanese sailing in 2014 after her refit. How time fly's).

And I got to enjoy the Princess Japanese toilet seat on our Diamond cruise. 😊 I think they've installed newer ones since your review as they now have the control panel attached on one side rather than a separate remote.

She's still a lovely ship and we really enjoyed our Japan cruise on her, particularly the Japanese dishes on the dinner menu and in the buffet.

We were just starting to cruise back then. We've done over 25 cruises since then.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1