Regal Princess Questions

If you have sailed on the Regal Princess lately would you please share some information with us. We are wondering what kind of shape the Regal Princess is in and really anything that you can share as far as food quality, room condition and entertainment. Thank you in advance. 

I'm on the Regal now. Overall the ship is in good condition. There are some things in our cabin that need attention from general wear and tear, but nothing that is a deal breaker. We've sailed on her twice before so this is our third time in three years.  We've noticed more dings and wear from our last couple cruises but that comes with age on any ship. I've taken pictures of the issues in our room for reference but we're not letting it overshadow the trip. We have an aft balcony room.

We haven't eaten in the MDR yet but the Crown Grill and Alfredo's have been excellent. We had CG reservations for 5pm Monday for hubby's birthday and there was a line to get in even that early. Usually we go early and have the place to ourselves but not this time. Every table was full quickly. Last night we were sitting in the Wheelhouse having a pre-dinner drink and again the line was huge to enter at 5pm.  We both had surf and turf and it was excellent. This was our first time eating the Nolan Ryan beef products now offered in the CG from Galveston. 

Lunch in Alfredo's was also delicious. Again, every table was full at 12:15 and people were waiting to enter. 

We have MDR reservations for Friday but haven't eaten there yet.

We've enjoyed the comedian show and illusionist, as well as the house band and various musical acts. There is also an acrobat couple doing shows in the Piazza with feats of strength and juggling.

We missed Costa Maya today due to winds and are hoping to make Belize tomorrow but we'll see since it's a tender port. We were supposed to originally be in Mahogany Bay tomorrow but got bumped by a larger Carnival ship. 

Last night we made a pit stop in Cozumel to take off a critically ill passenger.

So far it's definitely warmer than home which is currently 0 degrees, so another sea day at 80 degrees isn't so bad 🙂

The Regal has been our favorite ship but after a recent fantastic European cruise on the Island we're doing more comparing between the two. I know lots of people hate the Island but there were many things we liked about her better than Regal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

f you have sailed on the Regal Princess lately would you please share some information with us. We are wondering what kind of shape the Regal Princess is in and really anything that you can share as far as food quality, room condition and entertainment. Thank you in advance. 

We were on the Regal last week and had a very good cruise (except for disembarkation which was a disaster).  We were in a reserve mini suite and didn't have any issues. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.  Except for 1 night we ate in the reserve dining room and found the food very good and the service excellent.  The ship is in good shape.  We occasionally noticed rust spots, but nothing to distract from the overall experience.  This was our 3rd Regal cruise. We found daytime activities lacking, but really enjoyed the evening entertainment, especially the comedians and the live music throughout the ship.  We booked another Regal cruise for November 2024.

• Thanks 2

We have done 3 cruises on the Regal since October and two more booked for Feb and March. We have no complaints at all. The food has been good, the bed and pillows have been wonderful as are  all the Princess beds and pillows.  Room stewards are great - very conscientious and pay attention to detail. We have done over 50 Princess cruises and find the Regal to be one of our favorites. It is not one of the new ships but we love the Regal!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It has been a while,  but last time we were on Regal,  which we LOVE, we were on Deck 8, one of those that are sold as obstructed, but no real obstruction.

The bed was our ONE complaint.

It was insufferable.

I know that they were changing out the beds on all ships,  Regal was last, starting with suites, minus, and upper decks.

I will SWEAR that the beds in these lower cabins had NEVER been changed out.

You all remember the horrid mattresses, prior to the Princess Bed...

Add a few years on to those...

I actually sent feedback to several top management emails about that bed.

I had even asked beforehand, to be sure, that all beds had finally been replaced.  They had said yes.

I SURE HOPE THEY DOUBLE CHECKED AND HAVE NEW BEDS IN EVERY SINGLE CABIN!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I'm on the Regal now. Overall the ship is in good condition. There are some things in our cabin that need attention from general wear and tear, but nothing that is a deal breaker. We've sailed on her twice before so this is our third time in three years.  We've noticed more dings and wear from our last couple cruises but that comes with age on any ship. I've taken pictures of the issues in our room for reference but we're not letting it overshadow the trip. We have an aft balcony room.

We haven't eaten in the MDR yet but the Crown Grill and Alfredo's have been excellent. We had CG reservations for 5pm Monday for hubby's birthday and there was a line to get in even that early. Usually we go early and have the place to ourselves but not this time. Every table was full quickly. Last night we were sitting in the Wheelhouse having a pre-dinner drink and again the line was huge to enter at 5pm.  We both had surf and turf and it was excellent. This was our first time eating the Nolan Ryan beef products now offered in the CG from Galveston. 

Lunch in Alfredo's was also delicious. Again, every table was full at 12:15 and people were waiting to enter. 

We have MDR reservations for Friday but haven't eaten there yet.

We've enjoyed the comedian show and illusionist, as well as the house band and various musical acts. There is also an acrobat couple doing shows in the Piazza with feats of strength and juggling.

We missed Costa Maya today due to winds and are hoping to make Belize tomorrow but we'll see since it's a tender port. We were supposed to originally be in Mahogany Bay tomorrow but got bumped by a larger Carnival ship. 

Last night we made a pit stop in Cozumel to take off a critically ill passenger.

So far it's definitely warmer than home which is currently 0 degrees, so another sea day at 80 degrees isn't so bad 🙂

The Regal has been our favorite ship but after a recent fantastic European cruise on the Island we're doing more comparing between the two. I know lots of people hate the Island but there were many things we liked about her better than Regal.

Hey Paula, I think you’re a bit more of a seasoned cruiser than I am.  Would you say this cruise has been choppier than average? I’m not sure I’ve felt this much movement on a ship before. Could just be the poor choice of an aft cabin that has been quite rocky with heavy vibrations.

We have been in the MDR every night. I would say chaotic would be an overstatement. The line for reservations has been long every night, no consistent seating/server, and food quality down/slow.

Its been a bit of a letdown from our Royal Princess cruise years ago.

We did Symphony of the Seas a couple years ago and my wife really thought she liked Princess better in comparison… this cruise experience has made her rethink that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cf- said:

Hey Paula, I think you’re a bit more of a seasoned cruiser than I am.  Would you say this cruise has been choppier than average? I’m not sure I’ve felt this much movement on a ship before. Could just be the poor choice of an aft cabin that has been quite rocky with heavy vibrations.

Hey neighbor! 🙂

We too are feeling the movement back here on the aft. It's been our experience this itinerary can be bumpier than others for sure. While we're definitely moving this isn't the worst I've felt. My first ever cruise from Galveston 20 years ago was on the Grand and they put barf bags out along all the walkways! That was a real experience. 

I think the wind is really pushing us around, hence the missed port day today. Hopefully it gets better tomorrow, but the Belize forecast said 31 wind gusts so I'm not super optimistic.

• Like 1

Paula MacFan, I failed to ask you when I posted to you earlier. I think your itinerary is the same as what ours will be, starting with Sunday. What night was your first formal night, and was that also the champagne tower event or I think???, it was meet the captain night? I haven't done the champagne tower in 24 years, and I want to do it again. 🙂

2 hours ago, beshears said:

Paula MacFan, I failed to ask you when I posted to you earlier. I think your itinerary is the same as what ours will be, starting with Sunday. What night was your first formal night, and was that also the champagne tower event or I think???, it was meet the captain night? I haven't done the champagne tower in 24 years, and I want to do it again. 🙂

First formal night was Monday (sea day) and second 'dress to impress' night is Friday (Cozumel). The Captain's Circle party is Friday as well.  Our steward just delivered our invitation for tomorrow 🙂

The champagne tower was the first formal night.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

Thank you so much for your answer. I am making "notes" for myself, and I especially didn't want to miss the champagne tower, even though I don't drink champagne, as well as I didn't want any of us to miss the formal nights too. 🙂 I'm sure the paper they put in the room tells this, but since I'm making up my notes "ahead" of time, that will sort of give me a "heads up." 🙂

• Like 1