Jump to content

Casual dining on Royal Princess


Recommended Posts

Getting ready for our Sydney to Auckland cruise on the Royal Princess next month and are a little confused. 
We booked the plus package and can’t find a list of the casual dining sites that we get 2 of. Also what are the premium deserts?

Anyone have this info?

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As regards the premium desserts,  think cholesterol and sugar 🤣  The 3rd photo is grandkids watching as their premium desserts are being made for them, courtesy of their parents' plus packages. It looks as though they're getting them from near one of the pools.

Screenshot_20240125-120350_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240125-120337_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240121-163003_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Jean C
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The OTT desserts are pool deck fare, sourced from Swirls on deck 16. Just remember to do some of the included fitness classes afterwards.

image.thumb.png.b43ea991c7d79c16f67b22daa1958bc9.png

 

Your casual dining venue is Alfredo's Pizzeria, and there is also a canape bundle you can get at Vines (crudites, charcuterie board, choc truffles). They may also do a Salty Dog pop-up lunch in one of the specialty restaurants, but I can't be sure if or how often. They have been offering this on some of the ships that don't have Salty Dog gastropub venues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bail8297 said:

We booked the plus package and can’t find a list of the casual dining sites that we get 2 of


Casual dining options are listed on page 2 & 3 of this Princess document listing all dining options & which ships offer them.

 

https://www.princess.com/content/dam/princess/corporate/pdfs/restaurants-dining-venues-on-board.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

 

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just off the Royal yesterday. The 2 casual dining are Alfredo's and Vines, only option in Vines is the charcuterie board and chocolate truffles.

Premium desserts are at the gelato place on deck 5. You can get the regular gelato 1, 2 or 3 scoops instead of the premium desserts which is what we did. We were going to get a couple of the premium desserts just for the photo op but kept forgetting🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, phoenixx said:

Premium desserts are at the gelato place on deck 5. You can get the regular gelato 1, 2 or 3 scoops instead of the premium desserts which is what we did. We were going to get a couple of the premium desserts just for the photo op but kept forgetting🤣

Oh dear, now I'll likely eat lots of gelato 😬. The sundaes didn't appeal at all (I only tried them once) but gelato is a different matter!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mum and son said:

Oh dear, now I'll likely eat lots of gelato 😬. The sundaes didn't appeal at all (I only tried them once) but gelato is a different matter!

The "gelato" didn't taste to me like genuine gelato which I ate every day in Italy, it was nice enough though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, phoenixx said:

The "gelato" didn't taste to me like genuine gelato which I ate every day in Italy, it was nice enough though.

Ok, then that's a positive for me! I'm an ice-cream and gelato snob so won't be tempted if its not the good stuff 😁.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Set Sail Beyond the Ordinary with Oceania Cruises
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: The Widest View in the Whole Wide World
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...