Early morning Vatican tours

nadeki

Our plan has changed and we will now be in Rome a few days. 

I know I have seen this before but can’t seem to find my answers now. 

we already have Scavi tickets to see the underground of the Vatican. 

I want a different tour early morning of a small group tour. 

is it possible to do this directly through the Vatican or do I need to use one of the many online guides Carter 14 days of cruise tours we want things a little more relaxed and cheaper. 

if anyone has found a way to do this I would appreciate the guidance. 

I believe there was some discussion of this in a thread a few weeks ago -- you might try searching for it. IIRC, the Vatican is currently not offering early morning (e.g., pre-opening) tours. I assume (but am not 100% sure) that they are still allowing some private agencies to offer these.

What you CAN do is book admission + a guided tour through the Vatican (I believe the cost is 40 euro p/p) for the earliest time slot offered. Tickets only go on sale two months to the day in advance, though I understand the Vatican pre-sells tickets to some agencies. I would try to be prepared to purchase on the first day they are available if you want the best selection of times.

It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the website as it's not the most intuitive. You have to pick a date first before you can see the various offerings.

https://www.museivaticani.va/content/museivaticani/en.html

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I believe there was some discussion of this in a thread a few weeks ago -- you might try searching for it. IIRC, the Vatican is currently not offering early morning (e.g., pre-opening) tours. I assume (but am not 100% sure) that they are still allowing some private agencies to offer these.

What you CAN do is book admission + a guided tour through the Vatican (I believe the cost is 40 euro p/p) for the earliest time slot offered. Tickets only go on sale two months to the day in advance, though I understand the Vatican pre-sells tickets to some agencies. I would try to be prepared to purchase on the first day they are available if you want the best selection of times.

It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the website as it's not the most intuitive. You have to pick a date first before you can see the various offerings.

https://www.museivaticani.va/content/museivaticani/en.html

Thank you very much 

On 1/25/2024 at 3:00 PM, kohanfam said:

We are planning to do Walks of Italy Pristine Sistine tour for early entry. This was based on my own research and not personal experience.

We just booked our first trip to Rome and of course The Vatican is number 1 on our list to see. Can you help me decide which tour to book?  What is the tour that you are going on? We will be in Rome for 5 days before our cruise in November. No mobility restrictions, but we are old. Thanks for posting!

Edited by shiner6

6 hours ago, shiner6 said:

We just booked our first trip to Rome and of course The Vatican is number 1 on our list to see. Can you help me decide which tour to book?  What is the tour that you are going on? We will be in Rome for 5 days before our cruise in November. No mobility restrictions, but we are old. Thanks for posting!

If it helps, and I hope it does - I wrote some tips and information on a visit to Vatican city

• Like 2

9 hours ago, alpencoolcruiser said:

If it helps, and I hope it does - I wrote some tips and information on a visit to Vatican city

I absolutely love your blog!  I am mesmerized by your talent and experience. Thank you soooo much!

• Like 1