Northern Lights Safari At Paeskatun or In Search Of The Northern Lights

Cruising on Princess June 14th.  I was wondering if anyone has participated in either of these excursions and what your thoughts are of them?  Both are offered in Alta.  I'm I wasting my time for hopes to see any lights?  I know June is the Midnight Sun, so I am being realistic, but if there is a slight CHANCE to see the lights, I'd like to do one or the other.

Northern Lights Safari At Paeskatun or In Search Of The Northern Lights.

Barring another 'Carrington Event' there is zero chance of seeing aurora when the sun is in the sky.

Late September into April or so are better times for aurora - and even then a full moon will wipe out your dark adaptation [camera can see them, but your eyes will have, at best, difficulty picking them out from clouds]

Have you joined the 'roll call' thread for your sailing?

What company is selling Northern Lights tours in Alta in June?!?! Surely not Princess or any other reputable tour company?

Alta has full-on daylight for the entire month of June:

https://www.gaisma.com/en/location/alta.html

There isn’t even any twilight after mid-May.

Any company offering Northern Lights excursions at that time of year is a flat-out scam.

On 1/26/2024 at 4:11 PM, TheOldBear said:

Barring another 'Carrington Event' there is zero chance of seeing aurora when the sun is in the sky.

Late September into April or so are better times for aurora - and even then a full moon will wipe out your dark adaptation [camera can see them, but your eyes will have, at best, difficulty picking them out from clouds]

Yes, but not much going on there. 😞

18 hours ago, hallasm said:

Yes,  absolutely no chance - enjoy the midnight sun.

That's what I'm figuring, but Why would the cruise line sell this excursion if there is NO chance? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kaisatsu said:

What company is selling Northern Lights tours in Alta in June?!?! Surely not Princess or any other reputable tour company?

Alta has full-on daylight for the entire month of June:

https://www.gaisma.com/en/location/alta.html

There isn’t even any twilight after mid-May.

Any company offering Northern Lights excursions at that time of year is a flat-out scam.

These excursions are listed through the Princess excursion list for our cruise.  I thought it seemed a little weird, too.  That's why I am asking.   I thought "well, maybe they know something I don't?"  LOL!!  

On 1/26/2024 at 4:11 PM, TheOldBear said:

Looks like it's become more active since the last time I checked.  I'll post over there.  Thanks!