Looking for excursions for elderly with walker

Looking for 1-3 hour wheelchair accessible tour with very little walking for my parents for the following: Santorini Aug 13 after 2 pm 
Ephesus Aug 14 after 10 am
Mykonos Aug 15 after 10 am 
Naples Aug 17 after 10 am

any advice would be great! 

12 minutes ago, donnajoy said:
Looking for 1-3 hour wheelchair accessible tour with very little walking for my parents for the following: Santorini Aug 13 after 2 pm 

I'd suggest posting your questions on the "Ports of Call" section of CC, where it is more likely to be seen by "locals" or other travelers also interested in that area.

And also on your specific "Roll Call".  There may be others who are interested in sharing a private excursion.

GC

I am elderly and use an electric wheelchair. What I do is google "accessible name of city", for example accessible Naples. I then contact the agency and describe my problems, wheelchair, desired tour etc. I have found many excellent tours this way. In Naples we used "Rome in Limo" for a tour to Pompei which was excellent. Santorini is a tender port. When we were last there I could walk a little. We took an accessible tour that went to a different dock from the normal one. The bus went all over the island and had a guide. The only problem was transferring to the tender and climbing the steep steps into the bus. I could not do either of those today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2024 at 6:27 PM, donnajoy said:

It will be hot in August, so you have to factor that in to your accessibility search.  

I would say that Santorini will be hard. It may well be that the cable car is accessible - but even when you get up to the town, we were met with a wall of people (Sept 2019).

In Mykonos we berthed out of town.  There was a boat taxi into town, can’t recall how accessible it was.  There was also a nice beach the other side.  A shortish walk and probably a pleasant way to pass the time ashore.  Mykonos is an island for fun.  

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I'm cruising, I go to www.toursbylocals.com and complete the questionaire with the city, date, etc; then a list of tour quides will come up with the deals they offer and whether they speak English.  They will indicate if they are handicapped friendly.  Many times they will to decide the itenerary.  I've done this a couple of times in NYC, Vancouver and Quebec.  Sometimes I try to find a taxi cab driver that will give me a brief tour of the city.