Best excursions in GC besides Stingray City and Starfish Beach?

We've already taken jetskis to these locations twice and are looking for something else to do (besides hanging out on the beach).

We are considering the turtle sanctuary but is there anything else on the more exciting side that we could potentially do in George Town as a family of four?

Thanks in advance!

11 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

In town?  Turtles, dolphins, museum, art gallery, kittiwake snorkel

Outside of town? Botanical gardens, scenic caves, parrot sanctuary, blow holes, Pedro St James historic site

https://www.explorecayman.com/grand-cayman/things-to-do/attractions

Thank you, I will check these out!

@bookbabe, thank you for posting this link! It is very informative. Is it possible to access Stingray City via the beach or would we need to book a boat tour? I'm also wondering if there's an easy way to get to that area without booking a tour.

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

@bookbabe, thank you for posting this link! It is very informative. Is it possible to access Stingray City via the beach or would we need to book a boat tour? I'm also wondering if there's an easy way to get to that area without booking a tour.

Stingray City is on a sandbar in the middle of the ocean so you'll need a boat or jet skis to get there (it would make for a very long swim).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2024 at 2:09 PM, kathynorth said:

What Cruisematic said.  And it's not on the Seven Mile Beach side of the island, so you won't find an operator at the beach there making runs out to Stingray City.

13 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

What Cruisematic said.  And it's not on the Seven Mile Beach side of the island, so you won't find an operator at the beach there making runs out to Stingray City.

Thanks for the heads up, I understand Stingray City is out near Rum Point. I’m just trying to figure out my options; go in one direction or the other 

Edited by kathynorth

9 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

I understand Stingray City is out near Rum Point. I’m just trying to figure out my options; go in one direction or the other 

It's not really near Rum Point either. You can't get there from shore without an excursion or your own watercraft.  Yes, by water it's technically a bit closer to Rum Point, but since it's a 45 min drive to Rum Point and there's only one tour operator there, you're better off booking something that leaves from town.

Coming in on a cruise ship and wanting to visit Stingray City as well as visit a beach, your best bet is to book an early excursion (through the ship or privately) and have them drop you at the beach afterwards, then taxi/bus back to the port.  Or book one of the excursions that also stops someplace like Starfish Point and have a bit of beach time that way.

Edited by bookbabe