Parking in Southampton - who do you use?

We have used Parkside Meet and Greet (booked via Holiday Extras) and CPS: both take the keys and park the car off site. Both have worked very well and we have been very happy.

We have also used a hotel and parked the car in their carpark (the Leonardo), and used a taxi-transfer (also through Holiday Extras) so no one has your keys. However I don’t really like this method as we have a wheelchair and refrigerator medication etc, and the added need for a taxi transfer adds another layer of disembarkation day stress. 

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

No we always use the Holiday Inn. Just saying we've always had to give keys in and it's been fine.

I have used Holiday Inn over 50 times and always keep my keys with me. 

3 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Must be my mistake but we can't remember keeping the keys. Whatever we don't worry about leaving keys as long as the house keys etc aren't on them. We always record mileage etc. Tbh we generally use the Radisson Blu Manchester and their service is spot on

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SeaJane said:

We have a tracker on our vehicle so we know where it is kept. We generally have longer cruises and my husband regularly checks on the location etc whilst we are away. 

So do I - and I agree - CPS has always  been good for us. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

The one at Southampton at least your car stays where you park it. No need for anyone to take them from you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GSPG said:

The one at Southampton at least your car stays where you park it. No need for anyone to take them from you.

Yes, and never park under one of the trees in Summer unless you want your car covered in "guano" when you return! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Yes, and never park under one of the trees in Summer unless you want your car covered in "guano" when you return! 

Good point, and that happened to me one time. Thought the car would be okay there with less traffic perhaps manoeuvring around, but what a mess when we got back.

I was still finding bits associated with that tree months later! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GSPG said:

Good point, and that happened to me one time. Thought the car would be okay there with less traffic perhaps manoeuvring around, but what a mess when we got back.

I was still finding bits associated with that tree months later! 

Yes. Baked on like Tippex.  Took ages to get off. Won't do that again! Bloody birds! 

• Haha 1

We were given the option on our select fare (?) I think to opt for free terminal parking with CPS at Southampton so have gone for that, never used them before but my friend who will be doing the driving seems happy to leave her keys in their care as she says, and I quote "It's one less thing for my clumsy butt to accidentally drop overboard". 😂 Good to hear other people have not had a problem with them either. 🙂

• Like 1