Parking in Southampton - who do you use?

Hi everyone!  I'm off on my first cruise this year and wondered where people use to park when boarding in Southampton?  I've heard some horror stories regarding some of the bigger car parking facilities so wondered if anyone uses smaller private spaces like those advertised on Just Park or Park on my Drive?

I have used Parking 4 Cruises for several years. both pre and post Covid, and have no complaints about their service.

The point to bear in mind is the cost. Of the two main operators CPS are cheaper for short cruises and P4C cheaper for longer cruises due to their differing pricing models. One other point is how you get from/to your car - some companies bus you others are valet parking.

Many of the smaller parking companies have, I believe, been closed down.

I looked at CPS the other day and it was £220 ish for 13 days 😳 in September.  I googled and found one for just over £100 but hadn’t heard of them before and didn’t research it any further.

A few people on here use the multi storey at West Quay shopping centre and have no worries/qualms about doing so - we may try that one next!

Just looked and the cheaper one was called Stress Free Parking but be careful they could park it 20 miles away - like I say I didn’t research it.

13 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Holiday Inn cruise package. 

Yes, that can be very competitive.  £160 for room for 2 B&B, 14 nights parking and taxi to the terminal and return on our current cruise.  It varies a little depending on dates, but can often be around the same price or cheaper than parking on its own via one of the major suppliers (and often you also gain via an increase in OBC greater than the cost when compared with the Select Fare with parking option).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Holiday Inn cruise package. 

Yep, same for us on the whole

Saying that, our son only received £45 OBC for his single room for our May trip, or he could take the parking option next to the terminal.

Rather than pay £300 something for two rooms and cruise package at the HI, we are staying 10 miles out of Southampton overnight in a much cheaper Premier Inn.

• Like 1

If I haven't got parking in luding in cruise fare I always book with Parking4Cruises. For my 25 my cruise in October CPs want over £240 and P4C which do virtually the same but you drop car off in short stay car park are £130.

We always use CPS. It may not be the cheapest, but the service is excellent and we need to know our car is being kept safe and secure so for us it’s worth the extra cost.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, david63 said:

Out of interest - how do you know that?

We have a tracker on our vehicle so we know where it is kept. We generally have longer cruises and my husband regularly checks on the location etc whilst we are away. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, SeaJane said:

We always use CPS. It may not be the cheapest, but the service is excellent and we need to know our car is being kept safe and secure so for us it’s worth the extra cost.

We book select and CPS. We only live an hour away so can't really be bothered. When we go a few days early we stay in the new forest. There are some nightmare stories about some car parking operators. CPS have proven reliable.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We book select and CPS. We only live an hour away so can't really be bothered. When we go a few days early we stay in the new forest. There are some nightmare stories about some car parking operators. CPS have proven reliable.

You are absolutely right - we also have a relatively short journey to Southampton in comparison with many CC posters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HollyLovesToTravel said:

Thanks all.  That’s my worry - I’m not keen on leaving my keys with anyone :/

We've never arranged parking either at a hotel or provider before a flight or cruise and not been asked to leave our keys with whoever we are using. Have never had a problem

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We've never arranged parking either at a hotel or provider before a flight or cruise and not been asked to leave our keys with whoever we are using. Have never had a problem

Have you never used CPS from Southampton?

On 1/30/2024 at 3:56 PM, david63 said:

I have used Parking 4 Cruises for several years. both pre and post Covid, and have no complaints about their service.

The point to bear in mind is the cost. Of the two main operators CPS are cheaper for short cruises and P4C cheaper for longer cruises due to their differing pricing models. One other point is how you get from/to your car - some companies bus you others are valet parking.

Many of the smaller parking companies have, I believe, been closed down.

We also always use them if we sail with Princess or the very odd occasion we don't go select. We, by mistake,  left our dash cam on once so we saw where they took the car and moved it the day before return nearer the entrance and then moved very early morning on the day of return.  Btw CPS ask you to remove the dash cam , in case it is stolen I suppose and not so you can't check on them . My Husband leaves his air tag in the car now. Always all okay and no worries.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Have you never used CPS from Southampton?

No we always use the Holiday Inn. Just saying we've always had to give keys in and it's been fine.

13 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We live midway between Heathrow and Gatwick. At Heathrow we use purple parking and at Gatwick we park with Gatwick valet parking and have used both for donkeys years. You leave your keys with both and we have never had a problem.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

No we always use the Holiday Inn. Just saying we've always had to give keys in and it's been fine.

Sorry I misunderstood, I thought you were saying you never had to leave your keys.