Roatan Snorkeling Excursions

HELP! We are trying to book a snorkeling excursion pre-boarding and of course there are no reviews to go by, so I am dependent on All of you to give me an idea of the best one- There are 3 main SolY, Torquise Bay and Tabyana Beach! Any e patience with any of these! Thanks in advance!

We did the Maya Key excursion through the ship.  There was great snorkeling on our own right off their pier.  There may be some youtube videos out there.

Edited by ValerieJo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sulamyacov said:

HELP! We are trying to book a snorkeling excursion pre-boarding and of course there are no reviews to go by, so I am dependent on All of you to give me an idea of the best one- There are 3 main SolY, Torquise Bay and Tabyana Beach! Any e patience with any of these! Thanks in advance!

Do you want to snorkel mainly? What type of beach experience are you looking for?

I have been to Soly Mar and Turquoise but it’s been a while. Snorkelers would say Tabyana hands down but we find West Bay busy so that would have to be the priority for the day. I would think Maya Key would also be a ship option?

Edited by c-leg5

Another vote for Tabyana if you are snorkeling. Easy walk out from beach to excellent snorkeling. The RC excursion gives you chairs on the beach, transportation with multiple return time options and an unremarkable but harmless lunch.  If you have your own equipment you can book either the beach break or the snorkel excursion which gives you equipment…but yes the west bay area is busy, chairs closely spaced and with sales vendors present, but for me the snorkeling is well worth it. You can taxi there on your own but Roatan is just about the only place we have just done the RC excursion to tabyana rather than “do it yourself” because it was convenient. 

• Thanks 1

Yet another vote for Tabyana - awesome snorkeling from the beach at West Bay.  I've done Tabyana and have booked through Bananarama.  Same beach and it's easy to walk. I'm booked with Bananarama for my upcoming cruise but was happy with Tabyana too. Have fun wherever you go!